• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fuel

switters

Clinging to my guns!
What was the scene like at your local filling station today? I think that every gas station within 50 miles of where I live either sold out of gas or was nearly out. I kept hearing all day that they wouldn't be getting any more fuel for 3 or 4 days. I surprised to see there isn't already a thread about this. Gas went from being something like $3.65 this morning to over $4.00 this afternoon. I heard that some stations down the road were charging $5.65 and only allowing 10 gallons per customer.

What was the scene like at your local filling station today? I think that every gas station within 50 miles of where I live either sold out of gas or was nearly out. I kept hearing all day that they wouldn't be getting any more fuel for 3 or 4 days. I surprised to see there isn't already a thread about this. Gas went from being something like $3.65 this morning to over $4.00 this afternoon. I heard that some stations down the road were charging $5.65 and only allowing 10 gallons per customer.
Damn money grubbing bastards need to get what they got coming! :angry:

Here in North Ga. it went from 3.79 this morning to 5.25 this evening at some gas stations.

I live on the gulf coast in the auto industry. The normal place we get gas from was out. They said the provider was asking for 5.25 a gallon from them. Needless to say they stayed out of gas. We will not hear the end of this!!!

Rich

$3.59 to 4.97 in places around here.

SC's Attorney General issued a statement concerning price gouging. He also activated his emergency powers to impose criminal penalties on stations that gouge.

I guess it's good to live out of range of the hurricanes. I just filled both my vehicles at 3.56.

Sad, that there is no beach.

Yeah this sucks...it was around $3.60 this morning and a co-worker who lives down the road from me said it was $4.39 now...I wish I had a Schwinn 10 speed

Melly

I work at Sam's Club here in Wilmington, NC, and we had to shut our pumps down around 4pm because we were all out. I'm not sure what the price was up to at that point, but I know it was at 3.66 when I got to work at 1:30. Sure wish I had filled up :angry:

It's all a bunch of hoo hoo. I've seen numerous natural disasters over the years, and the Gas prices never went this nuts, and there wer no supply problems. I have a hard time believing that todays circumstances, coupled with technology, warrant such drama. :angry:

Of course, I could be completely wrong :laugh:

Just a little piturbed that gas was 4.65 a gallon today. Only had Hi Test.

I have to say in regards to fuel prices, this is utter bullshit. Sorry for the language but it incenses me.

Ok so the hurricane is about to hit or hitting as we speak. Is the damage done yet? Do we know the extent? No. We don't know shit. But we can speculate as much as we want...at thats whats screwing us more than anything...speculation.

The best part about this is that no gas company no gas station is going to lose one dime. But why not? Everything else in this world loses money at some point or another, why not gas stations?

Imagine what thigns would be like if the auto companys applied the same logic. Oh, we are only going to sell 2 million cars this year as opposed to 4 last year? Double the price. Heh. Some logic.

How bout this one...if the speculation that everything is going to be shut down means price goes up by $2, why when nothing happens does the price go down to "pre speculation" price? Shouldn't it be $2 less than that since we essentially got gouged for no reason? Just makes me sick.

Price went down 5 cents today at my local station now at $3.49.

Filled up at a more expensive station...premium for 3.83....no worse than usual

3.55 yesterday afternoon and 3 hours later it went to 4.19. Tonight 4.29 is highest so far.

I still remember $.95/gallon gas. Now $60 dollars to fill up. RIDICULOUS!
Please fix this, whoever reads this stuff and fixes things.

I still remember $.95/gallon gas. Now $60 dollars to fill up. RIDICULOUS!
Please fix this, whoever reads this stuff and fixes things.

Ditto on that $.95/gal. Consider yourself lucky on that it only takes you $60 to fill, We have two trucks here, mine is a Ford F350 Super Duty my fill-ups are always around $120. Kim drives a Dodge Durango and it takes her around $90. I'll have to tell you that it really cuts into the 'gar budget.

And now on topic gas around here was $3.52/gal yesterday.

Heres a little tidbit for ya. I did some work recently for a company (wont say the name) that has a pipeline that runs from Texas to NJ. I was told that during Katrina they never shut down. 20thousand gallons an hour and never stopped once. So I know all this shortage crap is BS. These Gougers need to be dealt with. Funny Crude Oil dipped below $100 yesterday. We should all be paying about $2.75 a gallon.

Damon