• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fuente Anejo's

grateful1 said:

That is the problem with the current production of anejos. You really can't smoke them from the box, they tend to be metallic as you have tasted and get tar build up as well. So you end up having to trim the cigar. I would let those cigars mellow out for a while before I tried one again.
e8eUIy4.jpg

It never gets old or unexpected.  ;)

For me, it's either a Cuban cigar or something from the Fuente line. I've been big into Fuentes since I started smoking cigars 20 years ago.

And my opinion is that I still get as much pleasure and enjoyment out of the various Fuentes (858 natties and SG, Double Chateau Fuente SG, DC #2, Hemingway (all sizes - nattie, maduro and SG) and Anjeos) as I did when I started. I haven't noticed any decrease is quality, taste or consistency.

As far as Anejos sitting on the shelf, my guess is that is two-fold. I believe that Fuente is producing more of what used to be HTFs (858 SGs, Hemmingway maddies, Anejos, etc), and the competiton has caught up with them. There are a lot of other cigar makers going the HTF route that are competing for the same consumer $$. And through in some of the boutique brands, and there just isn't the demand for the Anejos and such as there used to be.

Thanks for that reply, it mirrors my own experience by and large.