• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fuente Fuente Opus X

txraddoc

In a rather stunning development, at least in my life, I’ve managed to procure approximately two hours of free time. It is 7:30 in the evening and the triplets (yes triplets) are in bed resting comfortably and the wifey is away getting her toenails fixed.

Given this rare opportunity, I head straight for the Fuente Fuente Opus X that has been sitting in my humidor at 62% RH and 74F for several months which comes from a 2006 Fuente Holiday Collection that I bought recently.

It is cello wrapped around cedar wrapped around the cigar. I remove the cello to find a perfect medium brown rather dry feeling wrapper with, unfortunately, a few spots of mold which wipe away cleanly.

The perfectly constructed three seam cap cuts cleanly with my Texas Flag cutter and the prelight draw is loose which I love. The taste is pre-light straight well aged tobacco.

I torch the foot with my trusty dusty Avo Uvezian lighter I received as a freebie some time ago and the cigar ignites perfectly.
The draw tightens up slightly as the foot completely ignites. This portends an excellent experience. The first few puffs produce a subtle sweetness and cedariness wrapped around extremely well aged and well wrapped tobaccos. Throw in a bit of Ballantines 12 Blended Scotch Whiskey and John Grishams, “The Broker,” and here we go!

The first third adds a warm spice to the flavor profile and pairs perfectly with the scotch. I sneeze as I try to catch as much flavor/aroma with my nose. It’s worth every sneeze! The burn through the first third is absolutely perfect despite the oppressive humidity on this day in Houston, Texas.

The second third adds the same flavors but notched up a bit. This is a very consistent cigar and I enjoy it very much. The burn through the
second continues to be perfect despite the weather.

The final third picks up more intensity of the previous flavors and becomes quite a flavor bomb. I’d recommend this excellent cigar to anyone. Enjoy!

ffox-1.jpg

ffox-2.jpg

ffox-3.jpg

ffox-4.jpg

ffox-5.jpg

I sneeze as I try to catch as much flavor/aroma with my nose. It’s worth every sneeze!

Funny, there are a few smokes I have in my collection that make me sneeze whenever I take a whiff. For me it's usually a sniff of an unlit Oliva V or a Pepin Blue. I was amused by your mention of this enough to share my own sneeze-tastic experience.

Thanks for the review. Good stuff.