• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fuente Fuente Opus X

For $80+ I would sell mine from that set in a second.

There's a chili pepper on there right now that's currently at $67 and the auction doesn't end until tomorrow at 11pm...

Sheesh. There are very few cigars I would pay that much for, and that isn't one of them. Unless, of course, it had graced the sweaty chest of Carlito himself while in his shirt pocket, in which case I would most certainly fight Jon to the death over it. He's a Fuente whore, so it could get messy.

I got it for 15-20 dollars in december and just have been keeping for a special occasion. The guy who bought it cant do the same? What a waste.

I was refering to an opus.

I got it for 15-20 dollars in december and just have been keeping for a special occasion. The guy who bought it cant do the same? What a waste.

You found an LBMF for 15-20, or an Opus?

I've never seen an LBMF under $35...

Same thing I was thinking. And even $35 is damn low.

That's if someone is willing to sell the single from one of the 22 sets...$45 seems to be more accurate. I just find it very difficult to believe it was bought for $20...he must have meant just an Opus.

I got my LBMFs for two pounds of wheat germ and a baby goat. 2 dozen of them to be exact. It was a steal but then I lost them in all in a freak accident at sea involving a polar bear.

My dog ate mine...

I got my LBMFs for two pounds of wheat germ and a baby goat. 2 dozen of them to be exact. It was a steal but then I lost them in all in a freak accident at sea involving a polar bear.

I've been looking for one :( I would pay good money for one, but not $80.

What makes this gar so good, to be worth 50 + dollars? is it made by 18 yr old female virgins on their naked thighs? If so, I still would not want to buy them

Nothing that I am aware of. Don't get me wrong. I am a big fan of Fuente and Opus X. I buy them regularly, but for the premium that you have to pay to smoke the truly rare production, I am more than happy to just smoke the standard production Opus. They are great cigars already in their own right.

Can you belive this... linky

What some people will pay...
sign.gif

- KiltLad

This reminds me of the first and only Opus X I have smoked to date. A friend bought it for me as a birthday present one year. I was enjoying it but it was very strong, I'm a "light weight" preferring mild-medium cigars. By the time I smoked 2/3 of it, it was hitting me pretty good. When I was done, I was literally dizzy and buzzed off my ass, I was also 19 years old. My friend was laughing at me calling me a pu***, etc.

So I got him one for his birthday a few weeks later. 2/3 of the way through, "holy sh** this thing is knocking me on my ass". 15 minutes after he was done, he puked...several times. Hahahaha. At least I kept mine down. :)

And yeah, that is one expensive cigar.

I've been looking for one :( I would pay good money for one, but not $80.

What makes this gar so good, to be worth 50 + dollars? is it made by 18 yr old female virgins on their naked thighs? If so, I still would not want to buy them

There are those who buy a Chevy, and those who buy a Bugatti. And for whatever reason, even though Chevy's are good cars in plentiful supply that can be bought for under $20k, Bugatti has a waiting list for the Veyron at $1.5 MM.

But, would you pay 3 million for that same Bugatti Veyron? If the answer is yes, then you have more $$ than brains!!!

No, I wouldn't pay twice the MSRP for that car. There's no reason to - because a new one can be had for half the money.

However, let's paint a hypothetical. Let's say Bugatti stops making the Veyron, and there's still a very high demand for the cars. Supply and demand kicks in - and the fair market value of the car goes up. WAY up.

Would you expect to pay MSRP for a 1970 Plymouth Superbird? Current fair market value on those cars is over 20 times the original MSRP. Sure, it's been almost 30 years since Plymouth made the cars, so you have to consider inflation and a multitude of other factors - but the bottom line is that supply and demand has driven the car into "highly collectible" status...and the fair market value is through the roof.

On a smaller scale, the same thing has happened to the LBMF auction. The buyer was probably looking at that auction screen and thinking, "Well damn. Where else am I going to get one? Might as well pay a little more - or I might never get one".

In the world of selling - an item is worth whatever somebody is willing to pay for it, whether Joe Public disagrees with that price or not.