• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fuente Fuente Opus X

King

I bought a box of Fuente Fuente for 14.50 a stick at our local shop. Seems high?
Should I let them sit for a year? After sitting does quality go down after some point in time.
(years)

Thanks for input

Quality will never go down with the Opus X line ;) . I'd say try a couple to see how they are fresh. Then lay the rest down to sleep for about 2-3 years. They will be more mellow and not as strong. Be sure to take notes so you can compare the difference. :thumbs:

Yep, it seems a little on the high side :( They can usually be had for under $10.00 a stick.

The Fuente Fuentes are probably my favorite Opus X

I don't have the patience to let them sit, I say SMOKE 'EM NOW ;)

King said:
I bought a box of Fuente Fuente for 14.50 a stick at our local shop. Seems high?
Should I let them sit for a year? After sitting does quality go down after some point in time.
(years)

Thanks for input
I've had some from 1997 -- they mellow out a bit, and become more complex, like most cigars -- whether that means they go down in quality or not depends on your tastes.

I concur with the posts here; try one now, so you know what they are like fresh... then save some for a while if you wish.

My girlfriend just picked me up a box of No.5's. I think she paid $340.00..... Is that a good price?

Also, I plan on letting them rest for a few years. The box wrapped in plastic..... should I leave it on or take it off the box?

surferonthecrystalcoast said:
My girlfriend just picked me up a box of No.5's. I think she paid $340.00..... Is that a good price?

Also, I plan on letting them rest for a few years. The box wrapped in plastic..... should I leave it on or take it off the box?
I concur, they are fake -- send them to me for authentication.

That's a good price; MSRP would be $315 -- and that's without tobacco and sales tax (the box comes with 42 sticks in it).

Nice score man.

Andrew....does it matter if I leave the plastic wrap on the box for long term storage? I suppose it's just for shipping purposes.
I might matter slightly (very slightly) if you were to re-sell it -- but if I were you, I'd open it up just to inspect the cigars... and take a nice whiff.

Andrew....does it matter if I leave the plastic wrap on the box for long term storage? I suppose it's just for shipping purposes.
The infamous cello on, cello off debate.... :sign: :sign:

Hehehehe

Moki's right though. Some folks don't like getting sticks without the cello. Personally, I don't smoke the cello or the band for that matter! LOL

What's an Opus X and why are people always so concerned with them?

Leebo8-9-8 said:

Hehehehe

Moki's right though. Some folks don't like getting sticks without the cello. Personally, I don't smoke the cello or the band for that matter! LOL
I think he's talking about the plastic wrapped around the box. I'd take it off ;)

Leebo8-9-8 said:

Hehehehe

I think he was talking about the shrinkwrap on the entire box of Opus, not the cello on individual sticks...

Considering the only online price listed on CigarPrice was $850 (YOWZAH!!!),
I'd say your girlfriend is a great shopper!!! :thumbs:

psyktek said:
Considering the only online price listed on CigarPrice was $850 (YOWZAH!!!),
I'd say your girlfriend is a great shopper!!! :thumbs:
Do not buy Opus X cigars online -- they come from non-authorized Fuente dealers who jack the prices to the moon. Do not feed that stray dog.

I opened the box and took a whiff........MMMMMMM nice!!!!! :thumbs:
Better safe than sorry -- send them to me for proper disposal!! ;) ;)