• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fuente Hemigway Classis

ShadMan

Shiner Bock Whore
This cigar started out with serious promise!

To me, it tasted a bit like coffee and caramel for the first inch and a half, then went more to an earthy (typical maduro) kind of taste. Afer another inch, I began to taste a spicy (black pepper) type taste, which lasted another inch or so. After that, the taste began to be sort of bland...like a non-ISOM Montecristo. When I got down to about 3" left, it started burning so hot that I had to let it sit for about 5 minutes at a time between pulls to make it worthwhile.

For the first 3" of this cigar, I was thinking I might have found a new favorite, but I quickly changed my mind.

Burn was uneven for much of the smoke...had to relight portions of it throughout, but the smoke was full, and the ash was a light gray.

OK is the best I could give this smoke, and I wouldn't recommend it to a friend compared to many I've smoked, but if I'd put it out after 1/2 instead of smoking it to the band, I'd probably have a better rating.

OK, fire away the rebuttals!!

:sign: :D :p

No rebuttal here. I'v tried all the nat Hemingways, none to my liking. Guess it's just one of those cigars I'm not going to like. Now the maduro's are a different story. :thumbs:

The box I have has been in the humi for about a year now. They are still just a good but not exceptional smoke. For the $135 I paid there are others (Gurkha, Oliva come to mind) that are as good if not better.

I'd have to agree too. Not bad but not up there with the better AF's.

LilCigarDude.gif
~Monte

I've got some Hemi Sigs with about four years on them in the natural. They are primo.

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't insane! :D

I'll put 'em to the bottom of the humi and try 'em again around the time I retire! :p

Horse said:
Wascal said:
..Now the maduro's are a different story. :thumbs:
I'll second that motion :thumbs:
I've never had the naturals, just the Maduro's -- they are tasty smokes, IMHO. Mellow, but tasty.

This could happen to any cigar... Fuente, Opus X, Padron! You're dealing with a handmade product made of natural ingredients so it could be the construction or bad leaf. That's what makes it tough to judge a cigar by just one or two because you never know when you've had a "bad egg" so to speak.

IMO, when it comes to consistency over the long haul... I find Fuentes and Padrons to be very consistent in quality. And yes, I do run into some bad ones on occasion but it happens with every brand.. even Opus X and PAM/PANs.

I hope your next one is a winner! :thumbs:

Aloha,

Wade

ps: Welcome aboard Bruddah!

Thanks, Wade! I've got a few of them, so maybe I'll try another in a week or so, and put 'em to the bottom of the humi if that one is the same. All the ones I have came from different boxes and have been in different humidors, so I can't blame it on a bad batch if I don't like the next couple! :D

I find the natties to be a nice smooth mild smoke. Not something I'm looking for much anymore but still a fine smoke. The Maduros are much tastier but so damn hard to find :( I think you may have gotten a bad one ???

I'm going to get crucified, but I just haven't found a Fuente I've fallen in love with yet. A 99' Power Ranger I had was good, and the Toast Across America was good as well...but nothing that has knocked my socks off like a Padron 1926 or a Monte. #2 ISOM.

I have a Big Bad Mother F*cker I'm gearing up to smoke (don't get all bent out of shape, that's really the name of the smoke). I hope to be blown away.

I hvae had maybe 4 boxes in the last 10 years. I have 3 signatures left that are 4 years old and WILL be getting another box for the archives.

Give it another try. One of my favorites although they were better in the mid 1990's:D

Tony,

Try the Opus X Phantom (Lancero size), aged 858 Natural (4+ yrs aged) or 858 Sungrown from Xmas 2002 or 2000 (not the Rosados) and I think you may then be blown away.

Aloha,

Wade

Tony Bones said:
I'm going to get crucified, but I just haven't found a Fuente I've fallen in love with yet. A 99' Power Ranger I had was good, and the Toast Across America was good as well...but nothing that has knocked my socks off like a Padron 1926 or a Monte. #2 ISOM.
Hey, you like what you like. You also didn't care much for the Añejo Shark or the Untold Story Maduro -- and lots of people love those smokes. Just means that different types of smokes appeal to you.

As for the BBMF, I don't expect you'll be blown away by the taste -- it's a nice tasting cigar, but it's on the mellower side as far as Opus X's go.