• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fuente King B

KayakinBoy said:
I wish it was an Opus X Wrapper. :D
[snapback]268014[/snapback]​

Rapper OpusX? With DJ Fresh Rolled!

KayakinBoy said:
http://people.ambrosiasw.com/~andrew/rare_...s/Image108.html
The 858 Rosado wrapper is not an Opus X Rosado wrapper, but rather was grown by to Oliva family in Ecuador.

http://people.ambrosiasw.com/~andrew/rare_...s/Image123.html
"Despite sporting a black ribbon on the foot that usually indicates a sun grown wrapper, the King B sports an Ecuadorian "cloud-grown" Rosado wrapper from the Oliva family.

:D But my question was, do they taste the same?
[snapback]268081[/snapback]​

The king B seems to be a bit more mild then the rest of the Fuente sun grown IMO. So to answer your question I would say its smoother then the 858.

Just had my 1st one. I loved the flavor. Did not taste like the 858 SG or the other SGs either. It had a sweeter flavor. I did experience some burn problems too. I did not have any sap droplets on mine though. It seemed to get a little plugged in the nub stage.

Well, now I can say I've had one. So, Look at me Look at me! I will let the 2 boxes I have sit for quite a spell before I decide to try them again. For a while there I did not think that I would ever find a box of these. But today I walked into a B&M and they had 2 boxes! SCORE!! :thumbs:

I had one for the first time today too. I also experienced burn problems (and this box had been in the humi at the B&M for several weeks already) and had to touch it up a few times. After reading some reviews, I wasn't expecting much but I thought it was pretty good. The first third had a taste somewhat similar to a VSG. It lost some edge after that, but for the price I'll smoke them again.

I tried one of these about a month ago when they first hit the shops. That one had some very good flavors, but was definately wet and needed some down time. Because it was wet there was a few burn issues as well. I tried one again yesterday that had dried quite a bit and I absolutely loved it. No burn problems and wonderful flavor profile. I believe these things are gonna be one sought after smoke in a few years. Get em now folks! Just my .02

I decided to try another King B and let it rest out of the humidor for 7 hours. I really havent had any burn issues at all which is cool. But still, the cigar seems to be lacking what I have come to expect from AF. Oh well, I had to give it a shot. :D

I decided to try another King B and let it rest out of the humidor for 7 hours. I really havent had any burn issues at all which is cool. But still, the cigar seems to be lacking what I have come to expect from AF. Oh well, I had to give it a shot. :D

Yeah, I had the same experience. It just didn't live up to my expectations. The Cuban SG Beli is a much tastier cigar, IMO. But then, I've only had one King B so far, so it could've been a fluke.

So, it has been about a year and I decided to casually enjoy another of these fine smokes. Now with about a year on them I have a little higher expectation this time around. Now to get right to the point, I was not extremely impressed.

It would seem that time has taken some of the sweet and sticky notes away and replaced them with a burnt toffee. Also as this stick was left in the cedar and the bitter spicy notes of the sap are more noticeable (yea, I left it in and there was a fair amount of sparkling sap on this stick). Quite frankly I expected a little more marrying of flavors and development out of this stick by now.

So IMHO, the King is dethroned. Anyone else had any luck with last years back of B's?

wrapping in cedar is a big mistake, no benefit... only potential negatives.

I found a left over King B the other day in the humi from a Father's day box and thought it was quite tasty - better than when I frist got them. The cedar was still on.

You nursed that puppy for nearly three hours! I'm sure it was a good smoke...had that typical Fuente sungrown taste from the puff I took. I'm interested in giving one of these a shot sometime.

Huh..... did he know ??..... That don't seem right

Thanks for the great review! I have read a few reviews mentioning the sap and wonder if it's possible it's not from the cedar but from the wrapper. At any rate, my three have had it on for almost a year now so, either way, it's too late for damage control now. I'll smoke one over the holidays and compare notes. Thanks again,

Steve

I have read a few reviews mentioning the sap and wonder if it's possible it's not from the cedar but from the wrapper.
After talking to some folks my understanding for this is that the cigars were just to moist. Because of that it leached any remaining sap out of the cedar. To help fix the problem, this years batch has shipped without HumiPacks in the box.

Well now I know what I will smoke tonight.

I grabbed 1 of the last 2 I got from last years shipment. I am planning to smoke it over the Xmas holidays sometime but I plan on a 2 day dry boxing of it. Hopefully I will be able to post something good about it.

It was a great tasting smoke. Did have to correct the burn a couple of times. This was the 1st one that I have seen the sap on.

I just smoked one that had a year's age on it and the burn was still terrible after dry boxing it for over a day. The humidor said 41% as I dont use it any more since the 3k stick one is the main humi now.

I do have to say tho after about 1/2 way in, the cigar finally started to straighten up on the burn. It reminded me of a subpar AF Cuban Belicoso so even after a year the King B is still wasted tobacco. I have one left of the original 5 so maybe in another year it will snap out of it but I highly doubt it will. So whoever likes the King B, more power to ya as it doesnt do it for me.

Wow it's been a while since I started this thread. Again another year has passed on these sticks and it was time to light one up. So how was it this time? The answer, "Much better".

The particular stick I smoked did have cedar sap on the wrapper, but not very much, and it definitely did not hinder the taste. Again notes of toffee and hazel nut were present in this smoke. A crisp yet subtle spice was present in the back of my mouth. The overall impression reminded me of a Cuesta Rey #9 Stanford Cameroon, but that little bit of spice helped to open this smoke up.

I would have to say if you have some of these OR King B's lying around break one out and smoke it. They are getting pretty good :cool:.