• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fuente Opus X have reached the DC area

The trick to finding retailers who do the right thing and sell for MSRP, is to go over to Cigar Family, look in their authorized retailer section and try to find a retailer in your area. If you find an authorized retailer gouging on Opus, let me know and I will pass the info on to the powers that be.

Another thing about getting to buy all you want at the right price is how much money you spend on other cigars during the year. If you just go into a store 3 times a year looking for Opus, chances are the retailer isn't going to do you any favors. I give all my domestic purchases to two retailers, they appreciate my business and take care of me when the time is right.

The Master,

wow, that's great advice.

I'll definitely look into it.

I've been looking for Anejo's for a while, but can only really find them in Casa Fuente.

chewbacco said:
The Master,

wow, that's great advice.

I'll definitely look into it.

I've been looking for Anejo's for a while, but can only really find them in Casa Fuente.
[snapback]228503[/snapback]​

Anejos only come out around christmas I hear.

Anejo's come out twice a year,Christmas and Fathers day. They are definitely harder to find than Opus. There are also a ton of retailers who never get Anejo. One place has them almost all the time is Tampa Sweethearts, from what I have heard they will ship a couple if you buy other product. Do a google search and you'll find their web site.

The Master said:
The trick to finding retailers who do the right thing and sell for MSRP, is to go over to Cigar Family, look in their authorized retailer section and try to find a retailer in your area. If you find an authorized retailer gouging on Opus, let me know and I will pass the info on to the powers that be.

Another thing about getting to buy all you want at the right price is how much money you spend on other cigars during the year. If you just go into a store 3 times a year looking for Opus, chances are the retailer isn't going to do you any favors. I give all my domestic purchases to two retailers, they appreciate my business and take care of me when the time is right.
[snapback]228498[/snapback]​

Well Signature Cigars is not listed as an authorized Opus dealer. Which I guess is why they double MSRP. But other establishments I've bought opus from in DC aren't listed either and they sell them at MSRP if not a little below.

pittesq said:
Well Signature Cigars is not listed as an authorized Opus dealer.
[snapback]228669[/snapback]​

that's weird, cos the have the plaque in their rockville store.

Lumberg said:
pittesq said:

[snapback]228674[/snapback]​

Maybe the cigar family retailer site hasn't been updated in a few years or something. Doesn't make sense to me either.

pittesq said:
Lumberg said:
pittesq said:

[snapback]228674[/snapback]​

Maybe the cigar family retailer site hasn't been updated in a few years or something. Doesn't make sense to me either.
[snapback]228678[/snapback]​

On the contrary, they may have HAD an Opus X account and gotten the plaque, and then had it rescinded, and kept the plaque up.

Who knows.

Either way, if you have specific details about gouging, contact The Master.

JC

Just bringing up an old thread. I was in Vienna VA this weekend and happened to spot Cigar World (8150 Leesburg Pike) and decided to stop. They had what looked to be two brand new boxes of OpusX Belicoso and another size. I picked up a beli for $24 (over priced, I know) and a DC Maximus Pyramid #3. The guy at the counter hadn't realized the shop owner had them on display for sale. I told him I was surprised to see them. His response was a dumbfounded, "So am I."

Just a heads up. His prices were a little higher than what I can find here in SW Va, but I jumped at the chance.

just a little note
we still have a fair selection at the outlaw
msrp+10% tobacco tax
small shipping fee

pm me

Could I ask if the Northern VA shops are included. I checked Old Virgina, John Hayes, and Tobacco WOrld all said they did not have any. Maybe I did not give the secret signal.

K

kro77 said:
Could I ask if the Northern VA shops are included. I checked Old Virgina, John Hayes, and Tobacco WOrld all said they did not have any. Maybe I did not give the secret signal.

K
[snapback]238569[/snapback]​

Yeah, at least Philly down to Richmond is in one region for Fuente, and they get their shipments more or less simultaneously.

The places that got them when I posted this thread I'm sure sold out within days if not hours.

Watch the threads for the next shpment, which will be shortly before Xmas.

Happened to be in Charlottesville on Sat and stopped in a shop. They had robustos for $16.99. Just wasn't worth it. They did have Padron 40th Annys for $20 though, so i'll give them some credit for that.