• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gamblers Anonymous

Now for the Hold-M

Brian

We still got a few players to get through. Patrick (pjwinters) should have his trades up in the next day or so. I wasn't able to get to the PO today to get the pass, but I will be able to tomorrow.

:thumbs:

Got the pass today finally, been ridiculously busy and this was the first time I was able to make it to the PO. I'll do an inventory and check up on the condition of the cigars for the remaining passers.

I got a bone to pick with y'all....who started the Host bag? ??? I appreciate the generous gestures guys, though totally unnecessary. :blush:

I will work to get through the last few guys with P/T. And since we have a couple extra envelopes... I may invite a couple more virtual players...we'll see when we get closer to the end, then we can run the contests! :thumbs:

Here are the puts and takes that I worked out with Jake:

T///P
#108 Casa Fuente CG /// #137 GOF Carlito Double Robo 2006
#135 FFOX xXx /// # 138 Anejo #55
#69 Fonseca Matasa 30th Perfecto /// #139 Asthon VSG Enchantment
#133 Tatuaje Frank /// #140 FFOX Forbidden X lancero 2005
#81 LFD Original Factory Press /// #141 Arturo Fuente BTL

For the contest I'm putting Nestor Miranda Lancero and taking envelope #16

Thanks for having me in my first pass Jake!!
Wish 2/5 wouldve treated you and I better this month : (

Here are the puts and takes that I worked out with Jake:

T///P
#108 Casa Fuente CG /// #137 GOF Carlito Double Robo 2006
#135 FFOX xXx /// # 138 Anejo #55
#69 Fonseca Matasa 30th Perfecto /// #139 Asthon VSG Enchantment
#133 Tatuaje Frank /// #140 FFOX Forbidden X lancero 2005
#81 LFD Original Factory Press /// #141 Arturo Fuente BTL

For the contest I'm putting Nestor Miranda Lancero and taking envelope #16

Thanks for having me in my first pass Jake!!
Wish 2/5 wouldve treated you and I better this month : (

Looks good to me Pat. :thumbs:

Jake, I lost the first hand last night with Bullets. Guy had 10,J offsuit and reraised so I pushed all in. He flopped a straight. It was just a game with my friends but I didn't know this guy.

I was PISSED! I bought back in and won most of my money back. Are they still having any CP online poker games that you know of?

Jake, I lost the first hand last night with Bullets. Guy had 10,J offsuit and reraised so I pushed all in. He flopped a straight. It was just a game with my friends but I didn't know this guy.

I was PISSED! I bought back in and won most of my money back. Are they still having any CP online poker games that you know of?

Im not sure.

I pulled a 16hour session on pokerstars yesterday. And tonight had 99 and pushed 22 all in pre-flop. Exactly what I want, he's drawing at 2 outs. Well, he hits them both, just to rub it in. :angry:

Wow, was today a good day for me. Busiest day I've had at the shop for probably 2 years, played a home tourney, got 1st for $140, and now I'm up for the pass! I'm feeling good!

How about this:

Take/Put

Cohiba Piramide EL / Monte A
Cohiba Robusto / Monte Sublime 2008
Anejo 55 / Anejo 48 2008 Holiday Sampler
BTL / Perf X 2008 Holiday Sampler

And I'll put an Oliva Series V perfecto in for the contest, envelope #6.

There might be a little difference in price, maybe the Sublime makes up for it?

Thanks guys!

Wow, was today a good day for me. Busiest day I've had at the shop for probably 2 years, played a home tourney, got 1st for $140, and now I'm up for the pass! I'm feeling good!

How about this:

Take/Put

Cohiba Piramide EL / Monte A
Cohiba Robusto / Monte Sublime 2008
Anejo 55 / Anejo 48 2008 Holiday Sampler
BTL / Perf X 2008 Holiday Sampler

And I'll put an Oliva Series V perfecto in for the contest, envelope #6.

There might be a little difference in price, maybe the Sublime makes up for it?

Thanks guys!

James, in passes the additional amount in value of a put, typically will not be factored in with other trades. This is why it's equal puts for equal takes, as each trade is decided upon on an individual basis, and not collectively.

I have the Cohiba Piramide being a couple $ more than the montecristo A (as MSRP's stand right now), especially if the A is from "those few years." Id like some more input here, if anyone has some to share.

The CORO/ Monte trade is more than good! :thumbs:

The Anejo 55 is $1 more than the Anejo 48, this one isn't looking good as it stands.

BTL is at $13.25 and the Perf X is at $12, this one needs a little tweaking as well.

Let me know what you think, and feel free to PM me with any questions. :thumbs:

Okay, I've racked my brain, gone over the list about twenty times, and here's what I got:

T / P

H. Upmann Mag 50 / Montecristo Sublime EL 2008
Anejo #55 / OpusX Perfecxion X Holiday 2008
RASS / PSD4

Man, there are so many other good ones but I can't figure prices on them. What does the Don Carlos Anniversary Robusto go for? $40 is as near as I can figure ($160 / 4). Scorpio? $43 if you split $950 by 22. The only thing I would have to trade for them would be an OpusX "A" ($25, I'll buy all you got for that price) so I don't think that'll work.

Okay, I've racked my brain, gone over the list about twenty times, and here's what I got:

T / P

H. Upmann Mag 50 / Montecristo Sublime EL 2008
Anejo #55 / OpusX Perfecxion X Holiday 2008
RASS / PSD4

Man, there are so many other good ones but I can't figure prices on them. What does the Don Carlos Anniversary Robusto go for? $40 is as near as I can figure ($160 / 4). Scorpio? $43 if you split $950 by 22. The only thing I would have to trade for them would be an OpusX "A" ($25, I'll buy all you got for that price) so I don't think that'll work.

Those three are all good!

The DCA goes for $30 and the Scorpio goes for $37.50

Yep, that'll work. I'll send them out Monday. Thanks!

Awesome, I'll get yours out Tuesday, a final exam today is preventing me from making a trip to the PO.
Thanks for participating mate! I'm glad you were able to get in on the envelope contest! :thumbs:

On another note, upon further inspection of the individual sticks lastnight, the following cigars had a significant amount of damage:
35) The Griffins Lancero (Discontinued, Dated mid 90's) (P: BigJake6904, T: USPS)
97) Partagas Culebra (TEB OCT 08) (P: mrtapes, T: USPS)
:(

The Griffins went through the whole pass, and due to it's age, I'm not surprised it didn't make it through the 17 people in my firearm pass and the 30 people in this pass in one piece. It has about a 1.5 inch crack coming from the foot. Not bad for going to 47 homes though. :laugh:

As far as the partagas culebra goes, all of the shifting in the coffin (which was sealed with tape, hence why nobody caught it) seems to have damaged it and caused deep cracks through the binder to form on two of the three sticks right down the body where the cigars arch out from the weave. I currently don't have replacements for either of these, but if one of the remaining few guys had their heart set on one them, I can do my best to work something out with y'all.

Yep, that'll work. I'll send them out Monday. Thanks!

Awesome, I'll get yours out Tuesday, a final exam today is preventing me from making a trip to the PO.
Thanks for participating mate! I'm glad you were able to get in on the envelope contest! :thumbs:

On another note, upon further inspection of the individual sticks lastnight, the following cigars had a significant amount of damage:
35) The Griffins Lancero (Discontinued, Dated mid 90's) (P: BigJake6904, T: USPS)
97) Partagas Culebra (TEB OCT 08) (P: mrtapes, T: USPS)
:(

The Griffins went through the whole pass, and due to it's age, I'm not surprised it didn't make it through the 17 people in my firearm pass and the 30 people in this pass in one piece. It has about a 1.5 inch crack coming from the foot. Not bad for going to 47 homes though. :laugh:

As far as the partagas culebra goes, all of the shifting in the coffin (which was sealed with tape, hence why nobody caught it) seems to have damaged it and caused deep cracks through the binder to form on two of the three sticks right down the body where the cigars arch out from the weave. I currently don't have replacements for either of these, but if one of the remaining few guys had their heart set on one them, I can do my best to work something out with y'all.

Jake,
That sucks that the culebra got screwed up. I didn't tape up the coffin, someone along the way must have done that.
Hopefully you can smoke them still?
Mark

Jake, if the culebra is bad let me know. I got a replacement for ya.

Thanks, but if it needs replacing I will do it. It was my put and I still have another coffin.
If I was to put something like this again in a pass I think I would pack it with some tissue paper in the coffin so it didn't get jostled.