• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gas Prices

Lil_mac14

Here in MA, gas is already at $3.30 a gallon for regular, and they're now saying that in the next few weeks it could reach as high as $5 a gallon. This is getting ridiculous. I commute to my co-op 40+miles one way, everyday. At $5 a gallon I think i'd rather ride my bicycle to work, and deal with never sleeping.

It's a year old, but the spread doesn't change.

gas1.jpg

I remember a couple years back when gas got to about $5.50 out here. It almost cost me a $90 bucks to fill the tank on my truck, and that only lasted me a week. I sold that truck shortly after and got a mazda. Hope this time around it works out a little better. That graph is rediculous, what is that UK $8.00. WOW.

Yea, its fun in other locations that pay by the liter, it makes for an extremely high conversion.

Here in MA, gas is already at $3.30 a gallon for regular, and they're now saying that in the next few weeks it could reach as high as $5 a gallon. This is getting ridiculous. I commute to my co-op 40+miles one way, everyday. At $5 a gallon I think i'd rather ride my bicycle to work, and deal with never sleeping.

I wished I was paying $3.30 a gallon. We have crossed over $3.59 and by Thursday we will be near $4 a gallon. :(

I paid $4 a gal about two days ago. :(

Not fun looking at close to $70 to fill 'er up.

edit: Today, the same station is now $4.10 for 92 :angry:

I went through "5 Corners" (also known as Vails Gate in New Windsor, NY) on Sunday and out of the 4 gas stations located there, the cheapest price for regular then was $3.49.9 per gallon of regular. What's amazing is that was the same price on West Point Monday and they say that everything is cheaper on a military installation.........

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=vails+gate+new+windsor,+ny&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Vails+Gate,+NY&gl=us&ei=3iBuTb-cMqmFlgen9bCiAw&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBQQ8gEwAA

I wished I was paying $3.30 a gallon. We have crossed over $3.59 and by Thursday we will be near $4 a gallon. :(

With all the refineries in Houston I would think they'd be giving away a tanker of gas with every 10th sandwich purchased at Subway. What keeps the price so high there?

With all the refineries in Houston I would think they'd be giving away a tanker of gas with every 10th sandwich purchased at Subway. What keeps the price so high there?

There's a refinery in the next county up here. We're paying the same, if not more, than the rest of the country.

Still not ready to give up the 4x4 though, and maybe that's part of the problem.

$3.30 I would be happier with. $3.35 here now, but seen it as high as $3.45 the last few days. I paid $3.42 yesterday.

Unfortunately, price is no longer driven by supply and demand...its driven by what the market can bear. :angry:

The price of gas will continue to rise until there is more stability in the middle east. The political turmoil shouldn't affect oil production, however the transportation could become an issue.

My car takes premium gas, so I had to pay $3.699 this morning. Little car was $51 to fill up...at $5-$6/gal it will be closer to $70-$85. That's a scary thought.

$3.19 still here on the Gulf Coast of Texas. I would've found that outrageous not long ago; right now I'm just glad it's not worse . . . yet.

~Boar

Yep, and I just bought a car the "recommends" premium......:rolleyes:

Two commuters here...about 120 miles between the two cars daily. One car takes premium. Not thrilled about this at all!

I just can't wait till warm weather and motorcycle season starts, way better MPG on the bike, but then again, I put premium in that tank. You just can't win! :angry: But at that, I could fill up my tank when prices were about $3 a gallon, only cost about $15, and got almost 150 miles to the tank, depending upon how I rode :whistling:

We were discussing the prices of gas at the house and are glad we live in a little town. I think generally the Europeans are less dependant on private transport as they have a more efficient public transport system, thus a higher price is more bearable. I recall Tokyo had silly prices for gas as well, but I never used a private car and functioned perfectly. I couldn't imagine having to rely on public transportation in small town Mississippi.

With 2 growing boys I think the rising cost of milk and food is going to get us first.

Saw it around $3.95 yesterday for 89. 30 gallon gas tank in my truck. Luckily I use a compact car for work commuting. Public transpo here sucks in L.A, hence why we all have to drive.