• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gauging interest for limited Balvenies

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
This has nothing to do with the October Scotch buy but I have found a store in the Netherlands that has both the Balvenie Golden Cask and the Balvenie Cuban Selection available. Now the list price is $77 and $82 respectively at the store (which is a bit high, should be $65 & $73) but since they don't ship to the US I have to send them to the UK first and then to here and then to you so you can imagine the price goes up considerably, Not to mention that I have to do a bank transfer to pay him since he doesn't take credit cards or PayPal. I figure that all this extra shipping will add $43 per bottle onto the price making them $120 for the Golden Cask and $125 for the Cuban Selection.

Crafted by The Balvenie Malt Master David Stewart, The Balvenie Golden Cask 14 Year Old was matured first in traditional oak whisky casks before spending a final period of maturation in rum casks.

Stewart commented: “The result of this unusual finishing period in Caribbean rum casks has created an interesting new Balvenie expression with a fruity sweetness and subtle spice that I hope malt whisky enthusiasts will enjoy.”
balveni_golden_cask.jpg

(Bad translation from Dutch)
The whiskey lovers can now discover and enthusiasm for the new Single Malt original that The Balvenie Distillery has launched exclusively in France. This new dram of 14 years of age, is the pride of David Stewart, Master of the Cellars of the distillery. He patiently selected the casks the most promising, and led them to their peak. David Stewart, founder of the technique of double maturation, The Balvenie was developed 14 years Selection by firstly based liquid for almost 14 years in traditional oak casks. He then transferred the whiskey in barrels that previously contained the Cuban rum, for a period of final maturation of a few months.

thebalvenie_cubanselection_p2.jpg

If you have read this far and are interested in obtaining one or both please let me know by PM and I'll see if I can put this together.

OK...

i see there is a place in the UK that has a pretty good selection: 17 year old rum cask, 14 year old rum wood, but I don't know if the prices are good or not. Shipping would probably also be a killer. I don't see the golden cask or cuban selection however.

It took quite some time but finally someone in Germany traveled and picked me up bottle of the Cuban selection. I don't know if I should keep it for the collection or open it to compare to the 14 and 17yo previously released Rum casks they have done.

It took quite some time but finally someone in Germany traveled and picked me up bottle of the Cuban selection. I don't know if I should keep it for the collection or open it to compare to the 14 and 17yo previously released Rum casks they have done.

Open it up and try it. I'm sure another BOTL in Germany would assist you in getting another bottle if you asked them for help.

It isn't quite that easy. First, it was only available in France last year. Second, it is sold out. Third, they didn't make a lot of them so finding one was difficult.

I'm going to be heading east the end of the year. I wonder if I'd be able to find this in Japan.

i say hold it until you find another which we all you of all people you probably can

I dunno....what do you think???

It isn't quite that easy. First, it was only available in France last year. Second, it is sold out. Third, they didn't make a lot of them so finding one was difficult.

I'm going to be heading east the end of the year. I wonder if I'd be able to find this in Japan.

Ya well, you sent that like a minute before me, when I was typing my response. Oh well. :rolleyes:

I just got back from Japan & didn't see it at the Centrair Duty Free.

But they did have free samples of the Balvenie 12 yr. Never seen that before.