• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

George Carlin dead at 71

Wow. That really stinks. :(

I have always enjoyed Carlin's humor and his outlook on life even when I didn't agree with some of what he said because he was almost always funny.

RIP...

What a loss the world has suffered today. I was fortunate enough to see George in concert twice here in Springfield. I always looked forward to his latest special on HBO. A week doesn't go by where I haven't randomly quoted some Carlinism.

Sorry to hear that.
I loved the Class Clown album.

Rest in Peace Mate.

No way...the guy was working just as much as he has for the last 40 years and in fact, got better with age IMO.

RIP George.

Brian

George Carlin was a fantastic comedian and a brave individual who had some impressive observations on the state of the western world. He stuck to his guns even when a lot of people spoke out against him.

Like Tool stated on their album regarding fellow comedian Bill Hicks: Another Dead Hero. Bill Hicks and George Carlin both deserve this praise.

R.I.P.

...and it all started with the Hippy Dippy Weatherman. I got to see him live a few years ago at the local center for the arts. The audience was a typical uptight New England Yankee crowd of art supporters. Carlin comes out on stage, and the first thing out of his mouth is, "No one ever talks about pussy farts anymore". He sure loosened up that bunch.

Doc.

He was a fantastic comedian, but apart from quotable lines what sticks out in my mind is his diversity. I've seen hi in some non-comedic roles, but he was host of Thomas the Tank Engine for awhile. The broad range from children's show host to seven dirty words impressed me.

I saw him twice almost 20 years apart and he was even funnier the second time. A true comic genius.

Godspeed George.

...and it all started with the Hippy Dippy Weatherman. I got to see him live a few years ago at the local center for the arts. The audience was a typical uptight New England Yankee crowd of art supporters. Carlin comes out on stage, and the first thing out of his mouth is, "No one ever talks about pussy farts anymore". He sure loosened up that bunch.

Doc.
LOL...he had this ability, which I guess is what gave him longevity, to adapt his presentation to the audience of the day. His script for NY would be different to one for say SC etc.

Brian

He had the ability to make you laugh and think. He could be crude and intelligent. RIP.

He will be sadly missed. The only comedian that made me shoot coffee through my nose with laughter.

RIP