• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

George T. Stagg's Bourbon

Stagg is some great sht. I've had a bottle/s from the last 4 or 5 years. At the price-point, I don't drink it often. I've tried it neat, but it's just too strong for me. A couple of splashes of water and it's da bomb.

2007 Bourbon Festival picture below. I'm in the middle, drinking Evan Williams SB and smoking a Monte 2.

I just cracked the bottle I purchased from ABV. I made a glass with a shot of Stagg, half-shot of spring water, and an ice cube, and as I'm drinking it now, it really is wonderful!

Has a much different mouth feel from any other whiskey I've drank...maybe "heavier" is the best way to describe it. A lot of spice, oak with a pine or juniper herbal feel to it, old pipe bowl, and the finish is chocolatey and minty like I just bit into a peppermint patty. There's a lot going on in this whiskey! :thumbs:

Whom ???

I just cracked the bottle I purchased from ABV. I made a glass with a shot of Stagg, half-shot of spring water, and an ice cube, and as I'm drinking it now, it really is wonderful!

Has anyone any insight on where to buy a bottle? I ran through my bottle and am not particular about the year, but I would love to have another bottle to drink.

Thanks for any suggestions offered.

I found some nearby the office at a very adequate spirits shop. $59.00 per.

To anyone who offered assistance finding a bottle thanks, 'cause I must have missed it. The store still has 2 bottles left and I am going back to get one more, they are the '07 version.

Ray, given the scarcity of this stuff, how hard would it be to come by a 2007 bottling?

The '09 is coming . . . the '09 is coming . . . early Octoberish.

I'm going to start checking daily in late September, and plan to EMPTY the shelf when it gets here! :whistling:

~Boar

While I'm sure there might be a few bottles on shelves here and there I don't know of anyone with stock of the '07. Is there a reason you wanted that one? The '08 was better.

Ray, given the scarcity of this stuff, how hard would it be to come by a 2007 bottling?