• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Get a free cigar from my next box

Ahhhh! Sweet victory. Its like a cold drink of milk at the Brickyard, a gold medal around my neck on the podium... wait.. ok, maybe not that good. But it's still good.

AND THE WINNER IS . . .

Padron Londres - 7 votes
and CuturedHick gets the first cigar out of the box

Tatuagje Little Monsters - 6 Votes

Honorable Mentions
[background=rgb(234, 216, 181)]Buena Vista Edicion Limitada - Double Robusto -[/background][background=rgb(234, 216, 181)] 2 votes[/background][background=rgb(234, 216, 181)] (Box of 10 - ShopWiseGuys.com $79.00)
Casa Fernandez Aganorsa Robusto -1 vote
La Flor Dominicana 452 Nattie - 1 vote
LFD Gran Maduro #5 1 vote
AF Double Chateau - 1 vote
Comacho Corojo Toro - Mad
Kristoff Churchill - 1 vote
Ortega Series D - 1 vote
Illusione Epernay Le Taureau -
[/background]
[background=rgb(234, 216, 181)]1 vote [/background]
[background=rgb(234, 216, 181)]Oliva Serie V Torpedo Maduro - 1 Vote [/background]
[background=rgb(234, 216, 181)]Drew Estate Acid blondies - 1 Vote[/background]

Thank you everyone for your nominations and participation. Not only has it been great fun but I've learned about the cigars that members feel most passionately about.

Cabaiguan Juanto was tied up at work, so I had my deputy draw the winner, Cultured Hick. All of you who nominated the Londres were in the pool.

Knowing how favored Padrons are in this community, I anticpated the Londres getting the most votes. So, I've already got the Londres on-hand. I also got a box of Padron Executives, one of each of the Olivas series in the Churchill vito, an AF King B box and a bundle of JR Alternate to the Monte Cristo #2.

I plan to get a box of the runner-up Little Monsters as well. I was inspired by IronPeddlers story about his Uncle Nick who taught him to gift the first cigar out of every new box of cigars. It may be a couple of weeks,but when I get the Little Monsters, I'm going to gift the first one to one of you who nominated the series. You've convinced me that I should try them while I can.

Also, I'm sending Ironpeddler a smoke out of one of my new boxes in honor of his Uncle Nick. Per his suggestion, one of us will call the other, then we'll grab our favorite beverage, light up, and then swap stories about favorite uncles and other subjects.

And also, as a continuing tribute to Uncle Nick and IronPeddler, I plan to try every smoke you nominated. If I like it well enough to buy a box, I'll send the first smoke out of each box to the person who nominated it. It may take some time but I'll try them all.

Finally, I owe the group a bit of an apology. As many hours as I've spent on the forums here, I didn't notice until this morning that one is dedicated to contests. So, technically,I should have started this thread under the Contest forum. I apologize for the off-topic post and thank you for not bashing me about it.

Going forward, I may do this again but all nominations will go in to the pool, rather than pull from the most popularly nominated.

Note: I edited this thread to adjust the tally and to reflect that the winner was selected. On re-count, I found 7 rather than 8 votes for the Londres. It didn't affect the outcome and in any event, someone will get a Lil Monster.

Thanks again.

P.S. Any suggestions for the best way to ship a single cigar would be welcomed.

P.S. Any suggestions for the best way to ship a single cigar would be welcomed.

USPS Priority has a small media box that will protect it well. They're free! Put it in a Ziploc and stuff some paper or styro peanuts in there to keep it from rattling around. If you're really OCD about it, fold the Ziploc over and tape the whole thing down to a sheet of cardboard cut to fit. :)

Whatever you do, don't just stick it in an envelope! :laugh:

~Boar

Thanks. I ordered some of the boxes (free!) from USPS and setup an account for click-and-ship. Grats to you and Gary for the response.

I do a small flat rate box in a baggie and then wrapped in paper towels..

Skyking the contest Forum just started and Im sure Rod will move this thread into it at some point since he has been moving most of the old contest threads.

Great offer and nice work BOTL!

Paul

Update:

I have the Padrons on hand and have a box of Lil Monsters on the way as well as proper packaging stuff from the post office. I'll mail ya'll your stick prizes this week.

We drew Acclaym from the list of folks who nominated Lil Monsters. Everyone's smokes are boxed, labled and ready to ship. I'll drop them off for pickup tomorrow.

I received mine as well and they look fantastic. Thanks, Steve. I'll be sure to pass the kindness along. :thumbs:

Enjoy!

If you feel so moved, please consider smoking one in honor of Iron Peddler's Uncle Nick and sharing a couple of tasting notes with us. You might recall, his Uncle Nick taught him to always gift the first cigar out of a new box, in order to promote and demonstrate BOTL generosity and maybe just for the joy of sharing.

BTW, for me, gifting a cigar out of a box isn't a big deal. Mastering my own appetites and exercising the self-discipline required to gift the FIRST stick out of the box, before smoking one myself, is a lot tougher.