• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Giving away cigars for first-born baby

Trek said:
I gave away the AF Brevas to those that didn't smoke (as a souvenir type thing since it has the it's a boy wrapper) and gave nicer smokes as well to those that were going to light up with me. I gave them away at a gathering at my place.
[snapback]228996[/snapback]​

Sounds like some infallible advise. :thumbs:

Zeebra said:
Thanks for all the help. You guys rock. I'll let you know once the baby is born and you can all smoke one for me. :)
[snapback]229073[/snapback]​

Will do. :thumbs:

Zeebra said:
So as the title succinctly explains, I'm looking for advice on giving away cigars to family and friends when our first baby is born (Dec 4th)

Given that the majority of people I know aren't cigar smokers, do I cheap out and go for something economical or do I still stick with the expensive Cubans?

Also, is it acceptable to give out cigars if the baby is a girl? (We don't know the sex yet)

There is a place here in Toronto that imports Cuban tobacco and hand makes cigars so they're ALOT cheaper, and I believe they can give you a customized band on the cigar with the birth announcement too. Should I go for that option?

Any advice/experience would be appreciated.
[snapback]228768[/snapback]​

Something not too expensive, and not too strong... if they aren't cigar smokers, some of 'em will toss the cigars away. Others may smoke 'em, but won't really be up for anything too full bodied.

I bought cigars to hand out when my daughter was born. Never smoked one before then, so I went off of reviews. I handed out:
Padron 2000 Maduro
Padron Palma Maduro
Sancho Panza Quixote
Sancho Panza Valiente

I'm glad I got what I did, they weren't too expensive and good enough that anyone who tried them had a chance at a decent cigar. Most of the people that I gave them to never smoked them, many tried and told me that they enjoyed them.

Talk to Ggeise, he did something very nice for his grandchild's birth. Great smoke!

The Master said:
As stated above, it's a boy and it's a girl are the best for non smokers. No reason to waste good money on non smokers.
[snapback]229069[/snapback]​
I have been thinking about this on and off, and I figure I will get two boxes. One for the non-smokers and a really nice box to share with my cigar buddies. That way noone is left out, but for me it will be a time to celebrate and rejoyce. And for that I will pull out the big guns. :)

Congratulations!
- C

MonkeyK said:
I bought cigars to hand out when my daughter was born. Never smoked one before then, so I went off of reviews. I handed out:
Padron 2000 Maduro
Padron Palma Maduro
Sancho Panza Quixote
Sancho Panza Valiente

I'm glad I got what I did, they weren't too expensive and good enough that anyone who tried them had a chance at a decent cigar. Most of the people that I gave them to never smoked them, many tried and told me that they enjoyed them.
[snapback]229289[/snapback]​

Those are some good choices. Cheap and tasty. :thumbs: