• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Giving Up the Hobby

Mark Twain said:

I'm going to have to modify a great deal of life beyond smoking. 
As several others have posted, do what you need to do for your health. If I thought cigars were giving me problems I would cease smoking them.

In terms of modifying a great deal - one of the things that may help is doing the green drink smoothies.

http://blenderlady.com/green-smoothies/

This lady has it about right. My Daughter-in-law told my wife and I for years we ought to try, and we didn't bother - too strange, kind of like being a vegetarian, too much work, hassle, etc.

Basically, I did what the blenderlady says and it has changed my life and my health for the better. Not sure it will help you with the fibrilation issue, but quite likely will help you lose weight, feel better, help your overall health and well being. I came to this point over a period of years, piece by piece. But, the blenderlady sums it up pretty well.

Wish I had done it years earlier.

Usually do three a day. Have been out of town on business this week, got home and went straight to the fridge for one. Knew it would be satisfying and I would feel better.

If you are going to be making major changes, this is a great place to start.

Your health is one of the few things you have as you move through life. Your mind is another. You have to do your best to maintain both. I can only echo the sentiments of the previous posters and recommend a second or third opinion.

Today, it's difficult to assess the angle of these doctors. Some are so over obsessed with pushing drugs b/c the pharmaceutical reps are hounding them and trying to make their living too.

Life changes are never easy to handle. It can be done, even with the most stubborn of us. I recently changed my diet drastically due to health concerns and a better quality of living. As a result, I feel much better, have energy again and lost over 30 lbs when I only expected to lose 10 or so at most. I was never a fan of diets and looked down on them but it's amazing at how it can improve your day to day activities.

Nothing sucks more than hearing you have to sacrifice something you love. If it's going to improve your prognosis than it's a no brainer in my book. Your condition is more serious than mine but I'm sure you'll make the right decision and hopefully reduce your risk for something more serious.

Best of luck to you and hopefully these changes will improve your health and well being.

Was off the board for a while, so I'm a little late. Sorry to hear this Marc. Hope it all works out for you. As the first person I ever bough from on CP, I hope you still stick around the board even though you're no longer smoking.

tomthirtysix said:
Was off the board for a while, so I'm a little late. Sorry to hear this Marc. Hope it all works out for you. As the first person I ever bough from on CP, I hope you still stick around the board even though you're no longer smoking.

Thanks, Tom, I hope to stick around more so than I have been. Most of my time is taken up with watching my 16 month old daughter and teaching now.