• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

glass tubes in humidor

Mattx602

Quick question:
If your cigar comes in a glass tube, is it better to take it out and put it in your humidor? Or put both the cigar and tube in?

I think it's a personal preference. I will leave it in the tube unless I have burn problems. In that case I will leave it in the tube, but just take the top off.

If the tube has been opened take it out. If it is still sealed, leave it sealed.

Got a question also in regards to this question. If left in the glass tube unopened isnt that the same as being in the humidor as the cigar ages the aging process smells works against the cigar taste. Since it is supposed to be a good thing to give the cigars fresh air to get rid of any aging process smells that occurs naturally in a humidor. I hope this all made some sort of sense in which I just wrote

You can leave everything intact unless you subject the cigar to really cold temps and condensation makes it way in.

But why would you want to age a Gurkha?
tongue.gif
j/k

<edit to add>

I have a box of Carlos Torano Reserva Decadencia from when I first started smoking, they are all in glass tubes with a plastic cap and they have no mold or any damage.

You can leave everything intact unless you subject the cigar to really cold temps and condensation makes it way in.

tongue.gif
j/k

<edit to add>

I have a box of Carlos Torano Reserva Decadencia from when I first started smoking, they are all in glass tubes with a plastic cap and they have no mold or any damage.

In defense of Gurkhas, considering their flaws I'd say they are a prime candidate for an aging experiment, to see if time can round out some of their rough edges.

One thing to keep in mind is that the tube is not air tight and will allow the exchange of air and humidity with its outside environment (inside the humi). The only real difference is the cigar in the tube will take longer to have its environment change than a naked one. Thin of a celo one with the flap tucked under.

tongue.gif
j/k

<edit to add>

In defense of Gurkhas, considering their flaws I'd say they are a prime candidate for an aging experiment, to see if time can round out some of their rough edges.

My thoughts.... garbage in=garbage out. :D

I free all of my stogies... EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM!!! (don't keep drewsters or any infusees)

That's what they want; well, at least that what they tell me anyways. :rolleyes:

They know all of my secrets too. If one of them talks :angry:

I burn them at the stake!!!!! :laugh:

Got a question also in regards to this question. If left in the glass tube unopened isnt that the same as being in the humidor as the cigar ages the aging process smells works against the cigar taste. Since it is supposed to be a good thing to give the cigars fresh air to get rid of any aging process smells that occurs naturally in a humidor. I hope this all made some sort of sense in which I just wrote

Erm...not really, but I can try to interpret it. Ya gotta proofread before you post, it's beginning to get ridiculous. Use proper grammar and punctuation please, or posts like this can get extremely difficult to figure out. I think you're asking if you need to give a tubed cigar "fresh air" during the aging process, and the answer is NO. Ol' college boy down below answers that questions perfectly.

One thing to keep in mind is that the tube is not air tight and will allow the exchange of air and humidity with its outside environment (inside the humi). The only real difference is the cigar in the tube will take longer to have its environment change than a naked one. Thin of a celo one with the flap tucked under.

So that college learning is doing you good then? Great! :laugh: