• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Glass tubes

Pittsey

So I searched and still couldn't find anything that really answered this.

I have a small collection of cigars, some CAO, 5 vegas, and an Acid 1400
Now people always say to keep the acids away from "real" cigars. My acid 1400 cc is in a glass tube as many should know, is it fine to put this in with my other cigars and it wont bias the others?

Now people always say to keep the acids away from "real" cigars. My acid 1400 cc is in a glass tube as many should know, is it fine to put this in with my other cigars and it wont bias the others?

I wouldn't chance it. I don't have any experience with glass tubes but I would have to think that they allow air in/out to maintain the humidity of the cigar. If it were me I'd either smoke it, or at least put the glass tube in a ziplock bag as well to try to avoid the Acid to affect the other cigars.

Just my .02

???

Encase it as follows:

Glass tube (well sealed)
Small zip lock
Larger zip lock
Larger zip lock
Screw top Nalgene bottle
and then this. (courtesy of Swissy)

Store on top of humidor and it should be fine for a long time. (Note:you may put the some humidification in the Nalgene bottle)

You don't need to separate them as long as they are in a tub or even cellophane. I have Kuba Kubas and they are in the box it came with in my coolidor and they are fine. In the past I had them next to other cigars in my old humidor and the other cigars weren't effect by them. If you took them out of the tube or cellophane then I would tell you to separate them. So just as long as the cigars are in tube, cellophane or zip lock you will be fine.

You don't need to separate them as long as they are in a tub or even cellophane. I have Kuba Kubas and they are in the box it came with in my coolidor and they are fine. In the past I had them next to other cigars in my old humidor and the other cigars weren't effect by them. If you took them out of the tube or cellophane then I would tell you to separate them. So just as long as the cigars are in tube, cellophane or zip lock you will be fine.

I would separate them if I were you, just out of an abundance of caution. Even in the glass tube the smell will permiate. I have a bunch Gurkhas (the poor man's version of his majesty reserve) that are infused and I have them in a separte humidor. When I open that humidor I get a wiff of the distinctive smell, and they are in glass tubes. I personally have them in their own humidor to make sure they don't contaminate any of my other smokes.

Just so at you're politically correct...the ACLU (ACID Cigar Lovers Union) has announced that the accepted name for a non-ACID cigar is "traditional cigar" not "real cigar". You're going to get your ass in thrown in jail with nothing around to smoke but Blondie's. You don't even want to know they'll do with your glass tubes in there. ???

Just so at you're politically correct...the ACLU (ACID Cigar Lovers Union) has announced that the accepted name for a non-ACID cigar is "traditional cigar" not "real cigar". You're going to get your ass in thrown in jail with nothing around to smoke but Blondie's. You don't even want to know they'll do with your glass tubes in there. ???

:sign: :laugh: :sign: