• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Going on Vacation

bimmer635csi

Too noob to mention!
So in 2 weeks, I and the girlfriend will be going on a 7-night Southern Caribbean cruise to celebrate her birthday.

Schedule:

25-Oct San Juan, Puerto Rico
26-Oct Cruising
27-Oct Bridgetown, Barbados (going on a Barbados Rum distillery tour)
28-Oct Castries, St. Lucia
29-Oct St. John's, Antigua (going on a snorkel trip)
30-Oct Philipsburg, St. Maarten
31-Oct St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands
01-Nov San Juan, Puerto Rico (going to Bacardi factory, then drop at airport)

Request:

(1) Is there anything special I should see on any of these islands?

(2) Any advice for bring back liquor, NC stogies, etc?
The reason I ask is because we come back through Puerto Rico and the rules seem to be different there.
Not interested in CC stogies because of obvious reasons.

(3) Can you bring back black pineapples from Antigua?

(4) Any advice for good places to find unique gifts for the family for Xmas on these islands?

I've looked on the internet for these items, but most sites are vague at best, so it has been a bit of a struggle to find accurate information.

So I thought I'd turn to the CP community for advice.

Thanks for any input.

Cheers,
Chris

No answers to your questions, but your itinerary looks awesome, Chris. Get you out of the MI cold, if only for a week. Have fun!

Me too Chris, have never been on a cruise before, but let us know what happens as things unfold for ya!

I do know one thing......... you're gonna get shit-faced at those liquor factory tours.
sign.gif

in SanJuan go on a tour of the Rain Forest and check out some of the local food on the ride. Usually the drivers will know some of the better spots to stop and eat. Also if you have time Old San Juan is great to walk around and El Murro had some amazing views.

In Barbados the Rum distillery is a good tour. I really liked Barbados great shopping & the people there are just great to talk to.

St Lucia has some really tropical scenery. Banannas everywhere. Take one of the inland island tours, as there are some great waterfalls there. The beaches are amazing too.

Antigua was ok. I wasnt too impressed there. But what was really nice was the snorkeling on St. John's.

St Maartin..well you just HAVE to check out Orient Beach. They have the best beach I have seen so far, and the clothing optional thing is a plus too. Just remember, that as guys we think of clothing optional and see rock hard 20 somethings...ahahahahahahahha..well its not.

I dont think they'll allow the Pineapples. they specifically ask in Customs if your bringing back any fruit.

Any thing else I can help with let me know. I took this from El Morro.

Picture031.jpg

Art

**edit for spell and pic

Thanks for the input all.

I did a quick google yesterday and found a cigar rolling factory in Barbados. According to their website, the roll with 100% Cuban tobacco. Maybe they mean Cuban seed ... or maybe Cuban grown leaf. I dunno. I just know I will go and check it out and let you all know.

13 days and counting...

There should be some good buys on Johnnie Walker products. Also get some Sheridan's Liqueur....far better than Baily's. In fact you can send one to me!