• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Going to a funeral today

4cbln3

WTF are skin tags?!
Not just any funeral but for my grandma. She lived to be a 103 and passed away on June 25th while sleeping. She lived with us for most of my life growing up which means she had a hand in my upbringing. I was a handful of a child and though my parents were around, because of my respect for her, she was the one that could bring my little reign of terror come to a standstill just by quietly talking to me. She was that powerful in getting me to be alive today. There are many more parts of her character I remember but that part I will save for her eulogy today in front of the family.

I have grown up just enough to have the family ask me to do the eulogy for her, which is an honor to me, but at the same time stressful as I want to speak the words that run deep enough to touch everyone's memory but not play too lightly on her life here.

I finally tweaked it for the last time last night, broke down for a while once the "save" button was pressed and today is the day it gets shared.

Just wanted to drop a line and say "Thanks everyone on CP!" for helping keep my brain in check by reading what's going on in your lives when I log in, cigars or not. I think I'll do her proud today!

Dave

I am truly sorry for your loss, Dave. :( This past year, my grandmother passed as well. I was a pallbearer. Tough stuff, for sure.

Sorry for your loss. I know what its like to lose a close Grandma too and its not easy at all. My thoughts and prayers will go to you and your family.

Sorry to hear of your loss Dave. Keep it in your heart that she's in a better place and lived her life well. Your message will be the right one I'm sure.

I hope your feeling of loss is dampened by the fact that by living a rich, full life she will live on in you and all the others she's touched.

Sorry for your loss Dave, it sounds like she led a long full life. I'll be prayin' for ya buddy!

Wow! 103! What a life to celebrate. It's very special to have had someone like your grandma play such an important role in your life.

Don't matter how old she was. It's a tough loss. My condolences.

Doc.

Yes, this is true Doc. However, when I pass I hope that my family celebrates my life rather than be grieved with loss.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your grandmaother...a loss of a beloved family member or friend is always tough. While I haven't read/heard your eulogy, I'm sure it will be great, and believe it or not, may have gone a long way toward alleviating much of the grief you feel; especially after sharing it with others. Good luck to you today and my sincerest condolences to you and your family.

I'm very sorry for your loss. My maternal grandmother and I are very close and similar in that respect. I can relate but am not happy to face the time when it is "her time". I wish you the best and know your tribute will make her proud.

Dave I wish to convey my sincerest apologies for your loss, keep your head up and hands out of anywhere you wouldn't stick your pecker. Send me a PM if you need anything.

WKOTI

Condolences Dave, that's a tough loss. I hope your day went as well as possible.

My condolences to you Dave, and I'm sure it was a wonderful eulogy. I too was raised with my grandma who passed at 97, she was the pillar of our family. My thoughts are with you brother.

Dave, sorry to hear of your family's loss. 103 years is an amazing amount of time to be a part of the family. Thoughts and prayers.

Thank you VERY much for all your well wishes guys, I'm glad I was chosen to present her life to the family. All the other grandkids thanked me for bringing up long lost tidbits of info they had forgotten she used to do in her daily life.

Chenman, writing the eulogy was exactly what I needed today. My mind and soul are a little more quieter now, which is a good thing.

Peace brothers!

Dave

Dave, very sorry to hear about your loss brother. My thoughts are with you and your family. I am glad you got to visit her recently. If you need anything, give me a call.