• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Going to Indy

golfgar

Bueller.... Bueller...... Anyone....... Anyone?
Tomorrow my son and I meet some friends in Springfield Il and then take the "Cousin Eddy" (RV per the movie Christmas Vacation) to Indy. While I am not a real race fan, the event is fun and the boys have a good time. We have never spent the night there so this will be a new experience. It may be the last race for us for a few years. The first time we went the coefficient of fun was high but now, after oh, say, 25 laps or so, it is time for smokin' and drinkin' until the last 25 laps.

I spent about an hour or so in the humi picking out about 50 cigars for my friend with the RV and I. Some good ones are loaded in the bottom, but there are plenty of cheepies for the moochers. We decided to go up the day before because the scene around the raceway on the day of the race looked positively medieval. Half eaten turkey legs and cans and bottles of every description laying on the ground. The aftermath had the appearance of one hell of a street party. We just had to see what that party is like so we are going up early.

It is nice having the race on Sunday since you can still have meaningful Memorial Day holiday to remember those it was designed to honor. You all have a good holiday weekend.