• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Going to Kauai / Hawaii

interscape

The wife and I are going to Kauai for a week (next week) and I wondered if anyone had any suggestions as to what to do or not do. I want to do the usually stuff like the helicopter tour and a few hours of fishing while she does the spa thing but then…? I thought there was a regular here from that region and I was just going to send him a P.M. but damn if can remember his name.

Thanks
Les

Ok I have an idea...

Get yourself a nice large cigar (your choice), a water glass full of scotch, find a nice beachscape, and take us a pic!

Have fun in Hawaii.

Fish

Have fun on your trip - Kauai is phenomenal! For starters, buy a book by Wizard Publications called The Ultimate Guide to Kauai. It is written by residents who split time between the Big Island and Kauai and provides totally unbiased reviews of everything. They review all types of activities from simple van tours to adventures such as hiking along the Na Pali coast. The helicopter tour is a must-do and I suggest doing it early in your stay. Once you get an aerial view of the island you may change your plans and want to see one side of the island more than another. Taking a drive on the west side up to Waimea Canyon is also spectacular. It is called the Grand Canyon of the Pacific and there are many places/look-out points to relax, fire one up and enjoy the view. So as not to bore everyone else, feel free to PM me if you want to discuss further.

David

One of my favorite places on earth. My advice would be not to come back :D

I spent a week there on my 3 week honeymmon to Hawaii. Its a small island and if you rent a car you can see it in one day. As for things to do, I went atv riding and took a helicopter tour. Do not go fishing! Kauai is not one of the best places to go fishing. Also it rains daily there but the showers are usually quick, 20 to 30 minutes.

Enjoy!

Thanks Guys.
We are staying at the south end of the island at the Hyatt Regency. I have The Ultimate Guide to Kauai (looks like they are written by a husband and wife team ...gezz, what a life) as well as frommers book. I don’t have a good travel humidor so I was just going to do a Tupperware and some beads. The fishing sucks? The middle of the ocean and there are no fish? Go figure.

Thanks again guys

Les