• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Going to Key West

FlyFish

My wife and I used to go down there alot when we called Tampa home, but we haven't been there since 1993. We are headed down next weekend for her Birthday. Any recemmendations for dinners, etc?

My first stop will be Captain Tony's Saloon to see if the hat my buddy and I signed and stapled to the ceiling above the bar while on spring break in 1987 is still there.

Just got back from a week there.

My recommendation is to visit my friends at Key West Cigar and tell them Howard & Jeff sent you.

Fish

Go quite frequently. First, you have to go to Sunset Cigars. Great place to pick up some sticks, shoot the breeze, etc.

Restaurants - well, that's entirely what you are after.

A very nice place is Michaels. Definitely make reservations there.

Also have some Key West staples like Louie's Backyard and Alice's. Both great.

Martha's is ok...kind of a been there forever type of place, that's not too bad.

There is also this fish hut, literally a ramshackle old wreck kind of place, that I always, always, always forget the name of that's down by the piers. OUTSTANDING fish sandwiches there. Great place, inside is really just covered patio area...you place your order at the counter, then listen for your name to be called and then go pick it up. Inside has license plates, signed crap all over the place, etc. Maybe Emo can remember the name of this place better than I, but I always know how to get there and I always go everytime I'm there.

Have fun. Key West has definitely changed since you've probably been. Not necessarily for the better IMHO. Just way different from its glory days. But, you'll get out of it what you make it, so enjoy brother!

Go quite frequently. First, you have to go to Sunset Cigars. Great place to pick up some sticks, shoot the breeze, etc.

Restaurants - well, that's entirely what you are after.

A very nice place is Michaels. Definitely make reservations there.

Also have some Key West staples like Louie's Backyard and Alice's. Both great.

Martha's is ok...kind of a been there forever type of place, that's not too bad.

There is also this fish hut, literally a ramshackle old wreck kind of place, that I always, always, always forget the name of that's down by the piers. OUTSTANDING fish sandwiches there. Great place, inside is really just covered patio area...you place your order at the counter, then listen for your name to be called and then go pick it up. Inside has license plates, signed crap all over the place, etc. Maybe Emo can remember the name of this place better than I, but I always know how to get there and I always go everytime I'm there.

Have fun. Key West has definitely changed since you've probably been. Not necessarily for the better IMHO. Just way different from its glory days. But, you'll get out of it what you make it, so enjoy brother!
MiamiCubano. You are right on the money.

Half Shell Raw Bar ?

Half Shell Raw Bar ?

Don't think so. This place is basically a fried-fish hut. Though you can also get it blackened or grilled.