• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

going to sonoma on my honeymoon

siva66

we've never been, but we enjoy wine very much and would like to know if anyone knows of any wineries not to be missed. we'll be in rohnert park, but of course will be driving around the whole area. ironically enough, we don't drink much california wine (we're more south american, aussie, and spanish wine people) so we're really looking forward to finding some new wines. any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

There are some great wineries in Sonoma. Check out Vally of the Moon. Their champagne is the best IMO. Also, check out Rodney Strong. I was up there last year, had a great time. California Wines are by far my favorite. You'll get to do some taste comparisons while you're there too.

I'm sure you've already seen this website for recommendations. In the Valley I never miss St. Francis and if you want some good olive oil and Dobbie Brothers memorabilia check our BR Cohn Winery. But ..... if your going for good wine and don't mind driving, go to Russian River Valley and make sure you check out Acorn, Martinelli, Rochioli, A. Rafanelli, Arista, De La Montanya, DeNatale, Pezzi King and Unti.

But, if you want the ultimate tour, are willing to spend some time here, try some awesome wine that you can't buy, they sell out faster than anything, you'll have to PM me for the recommendation. Yes, they are that good and I may be able to contact them and set up a special tasting for you.

David

viansa showed up on a coule lists that i saw online in terms of the overall experience. just can't wait to go. what else could be more fun than to: play golf, smoke cigars and drink wine. oh yeah, and spend time with my wife.

NorCalCigarLover said:
I'm sure you've already seen this website for recommendations. In the Valley I never miss St. Francis and if you want some good olive oil and Dobbie Brothers memorabilia check our BR Cohn Winery. But ..... if your going for good wine and don't mind driving, go to Russian River Valley and make sure you check out Acorn, Martinelli, Rochioli, A. Rafanelli, Arista, De La Montanya, DeNatale, Pezzi King and Unti.

But, if you want the ultimate tour, are willing to spend some time here, try some awesome wine that you can't buy, they sell out faster than anything, you'll have to PM me for the recommendation. Yes, they are that good and I may be able to contact them and set up a special tasting for you.

David
[snapback]299110[/snapback]​

B.R. Cohn makes my favourite Red!!!!
proabably my favourite wine period!

Matty_Vegas said:
NorCalCigarLover said:

David
[snapback]299110[/snapback]​

B.R. Cohn makes my favourite Red!!!!
proabably my favourite wine period!
[snapback]300449[/snapback]​

Cool place with all of the Doobie Brothers memorabilia on the walls, and they make a really good olive oil.

:cool:

I met Mr. Cohn...made a Michael Mcdonald refernce..and he signed my bottle for me!!

just an update. returned on sunday and we hit a couple on our own - matanzaz, martinelli, sebastiani - before we found out that we were there on the weekend of sonoma valley's annual barrel tasting weekend. boy did we luck out! $65 per person and you get to taste the futures on 20 wineries, usually 2-4 barrels per. each winery had a different movie theme and food/snacks were provided at each. plus most offered tastings on their existing wines, which usually runs between $5-$10 per winery. needless to say we made out like bandits, my wife was tipsy after 6 stops, but we managed to hit 18 of the 20. we found alot of local wineries that don't distribute and brought home plenty of wine. b.r. cohn was fantastic btw. my award to the best winery (in terms of eye-candy) would be the kunde estate. their wine cellar is build directly into the side of a mountain and their pirates of the caribbean theme was the best. after the tour i grabbed a bottle of zinfandel and a padron 1964 anniversary and relaxed on balcony of our hotel. i would definetly recommend going to the barrel tasting if you have a chance the next year. you get more than your money's worth.

I'm Glad you had a good time, we hit the area the weekend before the event.
Oh, and congratulations on the nuptuals :thumbs:

:cool: