• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Good/Bad News

Smokin'Sims

Gettin' my nerd on, Hopp Schwiez!
So as I consider this my online family and I think some people would want to know, I am sharing some good news and bad news. The bad news is that our house burned down yesterday and we lost most everything. The good news is that all the living things, wife, two kids, and two dogs, who were home at the time, are all fine. Notably at least one bottle of Dark Lord survived. We also made the front page of the local paper check it out LINKY :sign: . My family deals with our most trying times that you can not change but have to deal with, by making jokes about it because as my almost 80 yo mom says, "You can get upset,cry and worry, but it doesn't change what happened. If you laugh at least you feel a little better". This did put everything into perspective though.

Glad you and your family are alright. You can replace things, but not people. Those picture look pretty intense. This does tend to make you think about what really matters in life.

Ouch! I truely envy your ability to stay positive. It is a trait I wish more people had in life. I am glad to hear that your family is safe, despite the loss. I hope your recovery process goes as smoothly as possible.

Sorry to hear about this The pictures of your house fire look pretty intense. Glad everyone made it out safe, including that bottle of Dark Lord.

Wow that looks insane. Glad to hear everyone made it out OK, good luck!

Sorry for your loss.

Can you please update us with a current address other than what's in your profile(assuming that was the address where the fire happened)?

I just purchased a home in Nov. '09 and can not even begin to imagine what you must be going through.

Joe

Sorry to hear. They got some crazy shots of the fire. Sorry to see your van & motorcycle all crispy.

Glad everyone is safe.

The worst part is the hassle of having to do the insurance thing now and replace your basic daily necessities. Where to stay, etc. What a headache.

Good luck.

James, I'm glad everyone is okay. If there is anything you need, please let me know.

Wow!
Glad everyone is safe!

I hope your insurance company doesn't jerk you around!

-Rob

Glad everyone is safe! Sorry for your loss. :( Any idea what caused it?

Wow man I really don't know what to say. I couldn't imagine having that happen, but atleast no lives were lost.

Trust me when I say this, insurance companies will usually take every chance they can get to screw you over. If you have any questions at all about the process or coverage or about anything that you think might not be right send me a PM. I am a licensed insurance agent and will do whatever I can to answer your questions and help you make sure you get what you deserve.

Holy crap man, thats scary. I'm glad the family (dogs included) are all safe but even if everything is 100% insured, there are some things you can't replace (like that special aged cigar you may have been harboring for a special day). If you need any assistance beyond moral support, don't hesitate to ask.

It's truly good to hear that everyone made it out safely. Possessions can be replaced, lives cannot. Hope the process of rebuilding goes smoothly for you!

Sorry that you and your had to go through this. Hopefully you will recover quickly.

Holy Crap! Well how about that move up here to beer country we were talking about at Dark Lord Day?

You know, I was thinking... I wonder if this has anything to do with your surprise visitors from the other day. Sorry, conspiricy theories tend to run through my head regularly.

Again, I hope the coming days go as best as they can. Best wishes.