• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Good job Rod!

Time for a way longer root password me thinks... :sign:

Now if only Sony would come back online, everything would then be alright in my world.

It's amazing how much I got done at work and home yesterday.

Now we can all finally breath...

Service was restored as of 1 AM PST last night.

Without going into too much detail, there were/are no security holes in Apache or any of our applications (everything is up to do). The "hacker" was able to obtain my root password (which is complex), most likely from one of the vendors I work with. My root password has been changed (to something even more complex) along with additional security measures now in place.

The "hacker" logged in as root, and ran a wget command to download a .pl script from a remote server. He then ran the script, which all it did was replace anything that said index.* with his pre-made index page. He also ran an rm -rf on all apache log directories in attempt to cover his tracks, though little does he know that his SSH session was saved.

Unfortunately since this POS is located in the middle east there is no point in trying to proceed with any legal action.

A complete server restore from May 9 was performed yesterday, beginning at approx 12 PM PST and finally ending at approx 1 AM PST this morning.

Thank you all for your patience. I have put measures in place to mitigate any risk of this happening again.

Rod

Good job Rod.

Amazing this guy spends countless hours to hack. You think with his talent he could find a good job.

Great job Rod! I felt as though i had lost a close relative.:thumbs:

Thanks Rod.

Can we make sure that this little incident removes phil's Troll Pass from ever existing?

:whistling:

Good job Rod.

Amazing this guy spends countless hours to hack. You think with his talent he could find a good job.

I think that hacker is either some 12 yr old kid or some 40yr old who needs to get laid.

Unfortunately since this POS is located in the middle east there is no point in trying to proceed with any legal action.
Rod

There are ways to get to him! Kinda like what happened to another fella about a week and a half ago. You may of heard about it? :whistling:

Rod, let us know if any donations would help in beefing up security. I'm sure everyone here would donate :thumbs:

I'm with you Anthony! ;)

NASTY - not necessary but thanks for the offer. We're on a dedicated server with plenty of resources. Appropriate security measures have been put in place. :)

Scared the crap out of me. I had visions of a virus rider infecting the work computer and spreading into our network.

Adding my well deserved 'Great work, Rod' message to those already posted.

I'm with you Anthony! ;)

NASTY - not necessary but thanks for the offer. We're on a dedicated server with plenty of resources. Appropriate security measures have been put in place. :)

Oh yes necessary (at least with cigars), Rod please Pm me when you get a chance. Thanks for the quick work.

It feels great having this place back to normal!

Thanks for everything Rod!

-Jimmy