• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Goslings Old Rum

PJ the Comic

Official Illusione Whore
Pics of bottle

Okay so I finally got around to doing a review of the Goslings Old Rum. We have finished our Master Cleanse Fast and I can imbibe once again. This rum I have been hearing about on the site here, but when I went to the store with a nice little gift card my daughter gave me I saw this bottle and went for it on looks alone. I had heard the name Goslings but it was in reference to the Black Seal which is a different blend from these folks. Goslings So I poured a finger or two in a small snifter and away we go. The color is that of coke-a-cola. Dark brown. In the glass it has a fairly strong nose of alcohol and I can smell some black licorice. I hope that doesn't follow on the tongue because I hate black licorice. The first taste is smooth on the front end but has some spice on the exhale with a decent finish but it does have the black licorice finish. Not a fan of that particular flavor but all in all this is okay to me. It is smooth and has a bit of spice at the end, it is clean and easy to drink but I am not digging it. I will have to try a few more of the dark rums and then come back to this one. I give this a 6/10 solely because of the licorice notes. I hope not all the good rums have that profile, as I was going to go back for the Ron Zacapa and now I'm skeerd.

PJ

Sorry to see you didn't care for it, at least so far. Zacapa 23 can be purchased for about $10 a pour at Rhumbar in the Mirage for about $10 if you want to try a glass before popping for a bottle. You can bring your own gars to smoke our buy some there.

Edited because I am the World's worst speller.

Sorry to see you didn't care for it, at least so far. Zacapa 23 can be purchased for about $10 a pour at Rhumbar in the Mirage for about $10 if you want to try a glass before popping for a bottle. You can bring your own gars to smoke our buy some there.

Edited because I am the World's worst speller.

Thanks, that's good advice I think I'll take. I have had a hard time finding any good rums at the bars around here.

Just went to Wynn last weekend and saw a great selection of Whiskey. That's where I had the Aberlough. I have been wanting to try the Rhumbar as well. I hope they are open early.

Hey, whatever happened to the whiskey tasting party we talked about having here in Vegas some time? We did a mini tasting at a friends house over Christmas, 5 whiskeys I never had, of course that isn't too tough for me to say being the noob I am. It was fun, real fun.

PJ

Edited for crappy punctuation, OP and this one. Jeez!

The last one I did you were going to be at some race in Phoenix so I didn't mention it. If I do another one I'll let you know.

Pyrat will certainly give you some citrus notes and Zaya is like molasses candy. The Pyrat should be under $30 and the Zaya $40.

I was drinking Zaya 12 just yesterday. It is very sweet. I like it. Not as much as the other two rums in the price range - Zacapa 23 and Vizcaya VXOP - but I like it.

I agree about the Goslings Old rum - its too spicy and not my fav rum
All Pyrat rums are orange liqueur bombs!

Thanks guys I will try some of your suggestions. This teaches me not to think the more expensive the better. :blush:

PJ