• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Got me a new rifle today!

Got it out today. Very exciting, but also a little disappointing. I was experiencing quite a few stovepipes (failure to extract the shell correctly), but I have full confidence that it will get handled. The plus side, it's extremely accurate, at least in my book.

These are 100 yard groups shot while lying prone. I did have a bit of a cross wind coming from the right. The larger red circle is quarter size, while the smaller one is dime size.

17hm2100yrdsgp3.jpg

17hm2100yrds2nv8.jpg

Cigars and guns, what else can you ask for? Sorry, no strippers today. :laugh:

sidecigarmx6.jpg

frontvt2.jpg

Not bad grouping. Even with a cross wind, thats still something to be proud of. My friends in KC are still hounding me into getting a Semi-Auto rifle. Its a debate of getting a Suppressor for one of my hand guns and or a rifle that isn't a WW II Russian rifle. LOL!!!

Not bad grouping. Even with a cross wind, thats still something to be proud of. My friends in KC are still hounding me into getting a Semi-Auto rifle. Its a debate of getting a Suppressor for one of my hand guns and or a rifle that isn't a WW II Russian rifle. LOL!!!

Been thinking about a suppressor myself. I just don't think our current Chief of Police will sign off on the ATF form.

Do me a favor........keep your trigger finger off the trigger unless you are aimed in ready to shoot......nice rig..is that a light under the barrell or a laser designator? Also what optics are you using.....come on! give us the scoop!

Do me a favor........keep your trigger finger off the trigger unless you are aimed in ready to shoot......nice rig..is that a light under the barrell or a laser designator? Also what optics are you using.....come on! give us the scoop!

I was waiting for someone to catch that ;)

I didn't mention the optics, cause well, they are cheap and not worth mentioning. But since you asked...

The first pictures are of an ACOG counterfeit, roughly $130 on ebay and some other websites. Surprisingly clear glass and holds a zero. Fixed 4x, of course. The second (newest) pic is of a fixed power 6x Leapers. The leapers is your average chinese scope equal to probably Tasco, NcStar, etc. It does the job, tho. So far it's holding zero and it shoots tight groups. It's no high end Leupold, that's for sure, but it works for the intended job. I simply wanted a relatively compact tacticool scope with at least 6x magnification, and no such thing exists until you get into the $800+ optics.

Oh, and that's a light under the barrel in the above pics. It's off my brother's rifle.

Nice setup there. About the ACOG counterfeit it's not about holding the zero while you shoot, but if it can hold the zero after you butt stroke
someone on the face 5 times.

Do me a favor........keep your trigger finger off the trigger unless you are aimed in ready to shoot......nice rig..
This.

I was originally going to get a .22lr setup, but decided on the .17hm2, as its far superior and still a whole lot cheaper than .223/5.56 (500 rounds for $45 shipped) Makes a good varmint/target rifle. To give you an idea, you sight in a 17hm2 rifle at 25 yards and its dead accurate at 100 yards - shoots incredibly flat compared to a .22lr - and a whole lot faster at 2150+ fps.

Any of you own any .17hm2 or .17hmr rifles?

I went with the .22lr version for plinking & it fit the gap in what I already had.
img0002lo6.jpg

Varmits and it's 5.56 or 6.8 SPC, depending on size and range estimations.

Nice rifle! Makes me want to look into a new round. :angry: :thumbs:

Do me a favor........keep your trigger finger off the trigger unless you are aimed in ready to shoot......nice rig..
This.

I was originally going to get a .22lr setup, but decided on the .17hm2, as its far superior and still a whole lot cheaper than .223/5.56 (500 rounds for $45 shipped) Makes a good varmint/target rifle. To give you an idea, you sight in a 17hm2 rifle at 25 yards and its dead accurate at 100 yards - shoots incredibly flat compared to a .22lr - and a whole lot faster at 2150+ fps.

Any of you own any .17hm2 or .17hmr rifles?

I went with the .22lr version for plinking & it fit the gap in what I already had.
img0002lo6.jpg

Varmits and it's 5.56 or 6.8 SPC, depending on size and range estimations.

Nice rifle! Makes me want to look into a new round. :angry: :thumbs:

Thanks, that s quite a nice setup you have there as well. I may actually get me an extra barrel (.22lr) for this one, as I may end up with a 2nd bolt. Probably do something liike an 18" bull barrel with target crowning. We'll see.