• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Got my ride

Thank you for sharing Bruce. Very, very cool.

Some of the questions in this thread... Wow (really?).

Bruce thanks for sharing, what a great gift!

I've been in quite a few old planes in my day, but the bombers are a different breed.

Bruce's grinning mug alert! Don't view this with a full stomach. Can't seem to embed video, so LINKY.

Bruce's grinning mug alert! Don't view this with a full stomach. Can't seem to embed video, so LINKY.

Nothing like seeing a salty old bastard enjoying hisself. Good times Bruce, glad something made you happy! :p

How in hell did you get your fat but in the tail gunners seat?

Doc.

Excellent! That had to be fun. We get a B-17 come through here once a year but I've never gone up in it yet. I might get a chance next month when it returns.

I did take a spin in this not long ago.

09-24-0711.jpg

That plane has so much history it is chilling to think about it. You have to have been like a kid in a candy shop. How great for you. Enjoy the fine memories.

Ed

Once again - AWESOME!!! I would love to see more video.

Just the sense of history had to be overwhelming. Do you know the background of that plane? When was it built? What (if any) theater did it serve in? How many bombing runs?

Once again - AWESOME!!! I would love to see more video.

Just the sense of history had to be overwhelming. Do you know the background of that plane? When was it built? What (if any) theater did it serve in? How many bombing runs?

She never left the continent. The biggest reason she survived at all is that she was taken by an aviation vendor as a test platform for avionics. She was sold to a "farmer" in the early 50's where she sat derelict for 20+ years.

That was a cool video, now I understand about the "shooting the tail" comment :laugh:
Glad you enjoyed your day so well!