• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Graduation, summer trips, Europe, other ramblings...

Just realized I could add an easy contest for those following along.

Closest guess to the exact number of miles that we'll travel during this trip will get a nice fiver.

I'll take the final mileage when we arrive at our new apartment on June 20th. If there's a tie then the prize will go to the lower guess. Must be a member for 30 days. One guess per day. Edits will disqualify your guess. I'll accept guesses up until midnight on the morning of the 20th.

If you decide to slide west some on your southern travel and go through the Smokey Mountains and Gatlinburg, Let me know I have a rental cabin.

Thanks. That'd be sweet. We've stayed in some cabins around Gatlinburg before and had a great time. It was winter, so a toasty hot tub and below freezing air to keep the beer cold. Great combination! :)

Yellowstone tomorrow and Mt. Rushmore on Wednesday... I'll get some more pictures up once I get a chance to copy them off the MILs camera.

Redwoods
med_gallery_3866_1481_22002.jpg

Northern California Beach
med_gallery_3866_1481_57160.jpg

Well, if you get a chance I would love to meet up in Brussels........

Let me know what you need Bro

Tim

Just realized I could add an easy contest for those following along.

Closest guess to the exact number of miles that we'll travel during this trip will get a nice fiver.

I'll start you off at 5925. (Creativity was never my strong suit!)

Thanks for the contest -- it looks like you're having a great trip.

What an incredible trip! Your kids must travel MUCH better than my son.
My guess for the total mileage is 6640 miles.
I hate to think what that is in terms of the cost of gas and I hope you have one heck of a travel humidor along for the ride!!
Enjoy the trip.

What a great adventure for you guys...the kids must really be enjoying it. The pictures of such a journey are very cool as you make your way across the country, so keep them coming! :thumbs:

Total mileage....6350

Good luck to you all!

Today's guess...6023.

This is making me want to plan a road trip of my own. Being island-bound, long road trips are something I only get when we visit the States.

Great pictures. This is going to be an amazing memory (though I'm sure by the end of the trip you will be VERY happy to be off the road with children!). Safe travels.

I could Mapquest your route, I suppose, but I'll just throw out the 'ol "Price Is Right" standard of 5,001.

Well, if you get a chance I would love to meet up in Brussels........

Thanks. Will do, Tim. We won't be over there until October, but we'll meet up once I'm there.

oh, and that was kinda a Joke.

Looking forward to your arrival, me and the wife will take you and yours out for a nice night on the town as soon as you get settled.

T

Well, Rushmore was kinda a bust. Cloudy out and only caught a few hazy glimpses. Oh well.

Wall Drug was a HUGE hit, though. Thank you for that suggestion. :)

We stayed in Keystone, SD, which is the closest city to Rushmore. I expected a tourist trap, but it was more trap than anything else. I don't know what it was, but that town creeped me out. It was kinda chilly and rainy, but the town was nearly empty. Everyone I saw walking or sitting around seemed to be in a zombie like state. Very weird and I couldn't wait to get the hell out of there. Make your own judgement if you go there, but I have no interest in ever going back.

SD is proof that hell is full nad the dead roam the Earth....jus sayin

Tim

Glad you enjoyed Wall Drug. The day after we were married my wife an I moved west from Florida (via Ohio) to Washington State. We stopped in WD and I bought a jackalope that still hangs in my office. We had a ball running aroud there. We started seeing signs in St. Louis, so the anticipation was part of the experience.

Made it to Mom and Dad's house in Michigan. Crashing here for the week and hanging out with family. Pretty boring drive through SD, MN and WI, but I did get to hang out for a night with an old high school buddy that I hadn't seen since out 10 year reunion. Stopped at a couple beaches along the Michigan U.P. and got some good shots of the Mackinac bridge. Also got some jerky, smoked trout, fudge and some tasty pasties. Found a nice ski resort in northern Michigan that has an indoor water park and lots of stuff to do there, so we ended up staying there for two nights (Boyne Mountain Resort). Kids had a blast... and so did the adults, I think. Very fun water slides and lots of other stuff to play on. The kids were sleeping in pretty late after playing around in the water all day. Now they get to see a lot of their cousins and have a lot of outside fun with them for the week. I'm looking forward to some relaxing time on the deck with beers and some smokes.

Almost done. Saturday morning we head towards Georgia on the final leg of this trip.

Keep the guesses coming, too. :)

I'm jealous, what a great trip. That redwood is something, more so when you think it started to grow 3500 years ago. Enjoy the trip and your future home. Wish I could join you when you meet up with Tim (MX).

Miles... 5859

Sounds like you're having a great time. For my guess.....3352 miles. Good luck the rest of the way and enjoy.

Total mileage....6350

Well, you can't get much closer than that. Total mileage was 6355. :thumbs: I'll send you a PM, winner!

Finally made it to Augusta, GA. Damn it is too friggin' hot here. 100 degrees and humidity probably couldn't be higher unless it was raining. I feel like I'm breathing soup!

Glad to be off the road, though. Ready to get back into the gym and do some running as eating on the road for 20 days sure wasn't healthy. :)

I'll get some more pictures up later. Time to relax for a bit and hope the Army locates our household goods we had shipped from Colorado. Smokes and Yuengling on the patio tonight!

Congrats on making the trip safe and sound!! Enjoy your time in Augusta. I lived in that area for 4 years and the next two months will be some of the hottest/most humid you will ever know. You have some very good cities to visit within a couple of hours from you as well: Atlanta, Greenville, Columbia, Savannah, Hilton Head, Charleston. Enjoy and can't wait for the pictures.

Total mileage....6350

Well, you can't get much closer than that. Total mileage was 6355. :thumbs: I'll send you a PM, winner!
I guess even a blind squirrel finds a nut every so often! I guess I should play the lottery now :laugh:

PM answered my friend.

Thanks for the contest John, it was great fun following you and the family on that fantastic journey!....and keep those pictures coming until your final destination over the Big Pond :thumbs: