• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Grappa anyone?

LilBastage

Meat is murder! Tasty, tasty murder.
I did a search and didn't find anything, so I thought I would ask.

Anyone tried Grappa?

Likes/dislikes? Favorites?

I've not had it myself, but a friend of my father in law loves it. Am I missing something?

I've heard of it but I've never tried it. It's an Italian brandy made from crap (leftovers from winemaking). :laugh: Sorry but I'd rather stick to cognac or armagnac.

I've heard of it but I've never tried it. It's an Italian brandy made from crap (leftovers from winemaking). :laugh: ...snip

The area I live in has a large Italian community, and Grappa is quite common here. CC is right here that technically it's a Brandy, but if people call Scotch an aquired taste, I don't know how to class this gut-rot (said with apologies to anyone who likes Grappa).

Personally, I stay away from it abd would dring kerosene first.

Nasty crap that belongs in the grape section of this forum not here.

Blech! only thing good about Grappa, is that it normally comes in really cool looking bottles :p

My dad would make grappa every year after he finished making his wine. It's quite potent and goes great with coffee. He also would bottle some of it in jars with raisons. You leave it in there for a long time and the raisons soak up all the alcohol. Then we'd eat the raisons and it would be heavenly.

Sorry, AVB. I guess my alcohol IQ isn't quite as high as the test said it was :) .

Doesn't sound like it has much of a following. Maybe I'm not missing anything after all...

I didn't think that RAISINS was one of those words spelled differently here and in Canada. ???

He also would bottle some of it in jars with raisons. You leave it in there for a long time and the raisons soak up all the alcohol. Then we'd eat the raisonsand it would be heavenly.

I didn't think that RAISINS was one of those words spelled differently here and in Canada. ???

He also would bottle some of it in jars with raisons. You leave it in there for a long time and the raisons soak up all the alcohol. Then we'd eat the raisonsand it would be heavenly.

Bleh, spelling was never my strong soot.

I love grappa, Poli and Nardini are the classic brands from Bassano

Zee, bring some of those Raisins over when ready!

I love grappa, Poli and Nardini are the classic brands from Bassano

Zee, bring some of those Raisins over when ready!

Hehe, no problem buddy, I've got a jar at home that my mom gave me a while back.

Here, here ..... along with brandy and armagnac :D

Grappa is one of those drinks that does grow on you .... or just burns everything else off.

:cool:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!

Went to a grappa tasting like 15 years ago with another couple, because the bottles looked so cool. We still joke about it to this day. Reminded us of, well, gasoline. They're talking roses or honey taste and we're thinking Shell or Amoco.

As noted above, it's the distilled spirit from the grapes after winemaking.

BTW, haven't had a drop since that day.