• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Graycliff 1666

rectifythis

CP; may cause dependency
Hey all, while I did not take pics or notes to do a full review, I thought I'd post a quick thought as this is a new line for Graycliff and I was able to smoke one today.

Graycliff 1666, Maduro. This is NOT a typical Graycliff. The roll is tighter than the usual signature spongy roll and the smell is pleasant. This is a STOUT cigar for a Graycliff while having a nice, smoothe finish. More nic kick than other lines as well. It seriously reminded me of an Oliva V with a bit of sweetness like an Anejo. I bet I have a lot of your attention now! :rolleyes: While this is not my personal favorite from Graycliff, I'm sure the masses will say it is.

I wasn't going to resurrect this thread........but,
anyways here are some pics. I haven't smoked one yet, I will soon.
Graycliff1.jpg

Graycliff2.jpg

I just smoked one of these and while I have never had a Graycliff before I have to say I was expecting a bit more from this cigar. It started off good, smooth with a nice tabacco flavor. Towards the middle of the cigar it peaked in my experience. I got a very nice creamy flavor followed by the typical Maduro sweetness and spiciness and after a purge I noticed a nutty flavor that didn't last too long. Unfortunately after that the cigar got really bitter towards the end and no amount of purging would fix it. I couldn't take the bitterness anymore so I ditched it with a few inches left.

The draw and burn were very good and the construction was excellent. I have a few more of these and I'll probably revisit them soon. Hopefully I just got "dud" and the next one is better.