• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Greetings from stormy Las Vegas

Matty_Vegas

Wayne Newton Mafia Boss
So after quitting this site cold turkey, and after a disasterous Secret Santa years ago, I have decided to dip my toes in to see how the water is. I completely and totally throw myself at the feet of my fellow BOTL's and SOTL's. If you would have me back, I would love to be a part of this honoured and dedicated message board.
I spoke with Rod, and he did not seem to have any problems with it. He also said it was really the members decisions...so what say you?

And no, I will not bribe you with unreleased Casa Fuente goodliness.

Hey Matty,

Burning bridges from both ends mean you end up all alone on a charred smoky raft floating in the river.

If it was up to me I'd throw you a rope and pull you back ashore, but it isn't.

However things turn out, I just wanted to say hi and wish you well.

Unfortunately not surprising that nobody seems to care either way.

Matty when did you actually make good with the people you owed (I recall you did make good eventually)? FWIW if I had been running the scumbag list when this went down you would be on it, and per the current rules you would be banned for your 'so long' thread as well. I enjoyed herfing with you back when but you have a long way to go before I would expect anyone to welcome you back with open arms. At the very least you should not be involved in any trading, SS etc. here.

I made good on everything I had to. I waited for two days before I posted a new introduction thread, so it looked like to me no one really seemed to care one or the other. I am willing to take my lumps as everyone sees fit. I really didnt come back to start trading and all that, becuase I know anyone has a right to be skeptical. I just wanted to find out what all the new cool cigars were.

Matty, I don't have any strong opinion one way or the other; however, if your intent is to simply "find out what all the new cool cigars were", why not just read the board without posting? It's one thing to be a contributing member (in good standing) that actively participates on the board and it's another to just take advantage of the wealth of information on the board by reading threads, which anyone can do - including yourself. It sounds to me like you want the latter, which is fine, but I would suggest being clear on what you are really seeking.

Matty, it sounds like you still have a few friends around here. I don't know you other than to the end of what happened. I echo what insight has said but I would take it a step further. You want to come back and everyone is ok with it that is fine, but it should be with an absolute ban on Secret Santa, Buying, Selling, or Trading. You wanna bomb someone, bomb away. Someone wants to bomb you, by all means. But anything else is simply a no. If someone wants to deal with you on a B/S/T basis, well then thats caveat emptor.

Maybe there is no sinister move going on here but I find it strange that you have come back around so close to SS time...I'd be interesting in hearing the opinions of those directly involved in the happenings of past, if anyone has a say it surely should be them.

Cigarpass has never been a fan of second chances, as a matter of fact, this site is know for the mob mentality.....
Yet you ask for a second chance....

Why the change of heart?...are you wiser at 37 years old than you were at 35 years old?

As long as you promise not to do another cigar ticket drawing, you're good with me. Welcome back, Matty.