• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Guess Which Week The NHL Will Start Playing

Sadly, I'll agree with several other posts.....there will likely be no hockey this season. My bet is on the second week of October, 2103 (October 14, 2013)

NHL cancels games through Dec. 30th! I dont think this is ever coming back! Cancel the season, desolve hte league and start a new leauge....model the league after the XFL?

This is some bad news, the advertisers will want to break contracts/refunds, the season ticket holders will demand refunds and this could cause some of the weaker expansion teams to fold.

This is not just going to affect this season (or lack thereof) but every season after this, '13-'14, '14-'15 etc etc.

I hate to think that the Kings won the cup, and that when the NHL finally gets back on it's feet there will be chasms within the sport.

I made this contest with high hopes, but as of today I'm not sure what's going to happen to the league. :(

The week of 1/12/2014 and not a day earlier. They just can't figure out how to split that 3.5 billion dollars, what a crying shame.

So sounds like they are starting by 1/19/13. Still not holding my breath, but that's what their saying.

Does this mean its between me a wkoti in guessing? I guessed 1/13 and wkoti guessed 1/20. So price is right rules, if it happens by 1/20 I win but after 1/20 wkoti takes it?

I just had th pleasure of having the Stanley cup at my work on Friday and I felt like a little kid. I got some extra time with it to stare and drool all over the names, teams, and history. It was cool!!

The day they start is the day the first game is played/televised.

Until then price is right rules gents!

Game #1 on 1/19/13 winner is modo22

Game #1 on 1/20/13 winner is wkoti

I've been dreaming of this since thanksgiving. Lol, ha. Glad to see hockey back, but hope ratings are terrible. Although I hope attendance is well and the buildings and staff can make some money!

Congrats Modo. I think you got lucky with the date though. The contest rules stated you needed to pick a Sunday. I think the only reason they are picking Saturday to start is that they don't want to conflict with the NFL Conference Championship games. Otherwise, CJ would have guessed it right on the nose. Rules are rules so congrats again brother.

Yea, pretty lucky! But I think this whole contest was set up based on luck!!! Haveing to guess when the NHL was going to start back in November....I would say I was pretty lucky for sure!

It's luck 100% gents, don't read it any other way.

I chose Sunday as a week, so everyone would have to choose different weeks, not days bunched up by each other as it made it more random this way.

modo your sticks will go out tomorrow!

wkoti, as a consolation prize I'll let you whisper sweet nothings into Doc's good ear.