• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gun cabinet humidor

Jdr

Hey guys,
I am new to this forum, so I apologize if I am posting in the wrong place or make any other mistakes. My question is I have a older wormy chestnut former gun case given to me by my father. He has since passed away, and I am interested in seeing the feasibility of making this into a humidor. my concern is whether or not I would be able to get the doors properly sealed in order to contain the humidity. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_3382.jpeg
    IMG_3382.jpeg
    112 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3381.jpeg
    IMG_3381.jpeg
    103.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3385.jpeg
    IMG_3385.jpeg
    102.7 KB · Views: 27
Very feasible, I've been using one I converted fit years. Lined with plastic and then luan and weather stripping on the doors. Humidified with beads.

Happy to answer any questions.

Hey guys,
I am new to this forum, so I apologize if I am posting in the wrong place or make any other mistakes. My question is I have an older wormy chestnut former gun case given to me by my father. He has since passed away, and I am interested in seeing the feasibility of making this into a humidor. my concern is whether or not I would be able to get the doors properly sealed in order to contain the humidity. Any suggestions would be appreciated
What he said above is great advice. That would be something you will treasure forever. Welcome to the forum. If you are going to stick around head over to the introduction thread and let us know more about you. Otherwise I wish you the best in your conversion

Also, did you put the shelves in there? Never seen a gun cabinet like that.

Also, did you put the shelves in there? Never seen a gun cabinet like that.

I've only seen a few shelves at the top of a long gun cabinet. Usually for ammo and/or sidearms. I haven't seen one like this either. 🤷‍♂️

Very feasible, I've been using one I converted fit years. Lined with plastic and then luan and weather stripping on the doors. Humidified with beads.

Thank you sir

I've only seen a few shelves at the top of a long gun cabinet. Usually for ammo and/or sidearms. I haven't seen one like this either. 🤷‍♂️
Yeah I converted it to a book case years ago. This thing has morphed a lot through the years.

Never thought of lining it with plastic.

I have been thinking about this as well. I have a nice one that hasn't been used in year. That I have been fighting to keep. Good to know I can feasibly make it work.

@TexasTraveler Aaron, didn't you convert a gun cabinet into a humidor, too?
Mine was just an antique piece, but similar concept... ETA: I have since went back and made the shelves flat. Angling them was a good idea at first until I started putting boxes on them.

Mine was just an antique piece, but similar concept... ETA: I have since went back and made the shelves flat. Angling them was a good idea at first until I started putting boxes on them.

You'd only been on the forums for 2 months at that point!

Hope it works out! That will be a sweet peice!

Like Chad @CBoukal said, head over to the new member introduction thread and tell us a bit about yourself.