• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gunfight

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
EXACTLY 125 years ago today, about 2:40 p.m., three lawmen — Marshal Virgil Earp and his brothers Wyatt and Morgan — and their friend Doc Holliday walked down Fremont Street, today Highway 80, in the silver-mining boom town of Tombstone, Ariz., and into a lot behind the O.K. Corral to confront four “cow-boys” (as cattle thieves were then called), the brothers Ike Clanton and Billy Clanton and Tom McLaury and Frank McLaury.

What happened next made newspapers across the country. The New York Times account, except for the misspelling of a few names, mostly got it right: “The marshal ordered them to give up their weapons, when a fight was begun, about 30 shots being rapidly fired. Both of the McLowery boys were killed; Bill Clandon was mortally wounded and died soon after.”

From the NYT 10/26/06

And that town is now one of the most haunted in America. Saw a ghost hunters show on the Sci-Fi channel about it. Don't laugh, those guys go about it the right way, purely on scientific fact. If they can't get hard concrete evidence, they dismiss it. Good show.

And that town is now one of the most haunted in America. Saw a ghost hunters show on the Sci-Fi channel about it. Don't laugh, those guys go about it the right way, purely on scientific fact. If they can't get hard concrete evidence, they dismiss it. Good show.

Sorry Merlin, but I have to laugh. BOO!!! :D

Yeah right! Haunted by old men who have been doing the tourist job
of cowboys for too many years :laugh:

Thanks for the post AVB, amazing how this goes down in history
when it was really just another shootout, one of many.

Brian

Back