• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gurkha 1950 Pre-Embargo Estate Torpedo 5-pack

SFG75

Master-passer
Now here is something else to behold! Winning bid is currently $47.00 and the given value of one is roughly $30.00, so it's still a good deal. You have until Aug 14. at 9:45 p.m. eastern standard time to place a winning bid.

Where's AVB.....He's been looking for some Pre-Embargo Gurkha's :thumbs:

Fast4Dr said:
I KNEW I read somewhere here that a member was looking for those!, thanks for clarifying that, I'l let him know. :thumbs:

Fast4Dr said:
I KNEW I read somewhere here that a member was looking for those!, thanks for clarifying that, I'l let him know. :thumbs:

And now a few hours later the bid is $89. These never go cheap.

AVB said:
And now a few hours later the bid is $89. These never go cheap.
I don't know AVB, I hear one of the current winning bidders is a USAF pilot who thinks Marines are sissies. :p

:sign: :sign: :sign:

Just teasing guy-I think it just might top the $100-$120 mark before it's all said and done. Amazing how fast the price gets jacked due to some die-hard smokers and those who just plain don't know any better.

just my amateur opinion, but I think the ultra old tobacco in cigars like these is probably not what it's cracked up to be.

Aging to release ammonia , etc and "marry" tobacco to reduce inconsistencies will peak after a certain time, (how long depends on the qualities of the original leaf), after which the potency and complexity of flavor may diminish gradually. This is especially true if the aging conditions are less than ideal during certain periods of storage, which is pretty likely if this was really a "forgotten" batch that was rediscovered at some point.

Realistically, the tobacco in these "pre-embargo" cigars was probably at it's best about 20 to 25 years ago, assuming the original leaf was high quality and the conditions were ideal. But for those who value the bragging rights or conversation value associated with a unique cigar like this, they may be worth the price. Just my 2 cents though.

Feel free to flame me if you disagree :)

That's all I want to do. I need somebody to take a few of my mediocre sticks in trade for one of the pre-embargos.

AVB said:
That's all I want to do. I need somebody to take a few of my mediocre sticks in trade for one of the pre-embargos.
Local shop has them
PM sent