• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gurkha Crest

Almost all Gurkhas taste the same to me, boring, as i've tried most apart from the $700+ one, lol.

WTH? Which one is that?

The Gurkha His Majesty's Reserve...they are infused with Louis XIII Cognac.

You can often find them on cigar bid or fleabay for about 20% of that price. IMO, I'd never waste that kind of $ on a flavored stick...or ANY $ on a flavored stick for that matter.

Gurkha makes so many sticks....even Gurkha doesn't know all of what Gurkha makes. Most of their prices are in their ornate boxes....which is how CI gets rid of them so inexpensively on Cigar Bid (where they normally go for about 15-20% of "MSRP") because Gurkha ships to CI in bulk, no boxes for their Cigar Bid stock. Wholesale price plummets...and even at such a huge price drop...it's still profitable to sell them.

IMO, Gurkhas suck...it's increadibly difficult to judge their "MSRP" since they are so easily had below the advertised price. Just my opinion, of course.

Sorry for the bump but I wanted to note that this thread just saved me from a $99.00 impulse buy. CI was offering 24 sampler in what looks like a plastic travel humidor. Read this thread first. Think I'll pass on buying Gurkha's and try some more Padrons. The Padron Churchill is one of my favorites at any price. And one of the EP Carrilo Elenco's I smoked keeps coming back to mind again and again - like the teasing kiss of an old girl friend that you just can't shake. Little more pricey but. . .

Sorry for the bump but I wanted to note that this thread just saved me from a $99.00 impulse buy. CI was offering 24 sampler in what looks like a plastic travel humidor. Read this thread first. Think I'll pass on buying Gurkha's and try some more Padrons. The Padron Churchill is one of my favorites at any price. And one of the EP Carrilo Elenco's I smoked keeps coming back to mind again and again - like the teasing kiss of an old girl friend that you just can't shake. Little more pricey but. . .

Good job newb! Padron is superior in every way to this garbage.

I've always been under the impression that Gurkha only has one cigar and just puts a new band on it and calls it a new $75.00 cigar! LOL! I used to smoke the ones in the glass tubes back when I was a newb. I could get them out if the liquor store humi, and thought because it was the most expensive one they had it was the best! Glad I got over that!

Sorry but I love Gurkha Master Selects in the nat wrapper. Great stick for $2.75 sometimes less. Gurkha Beautys can also be had for the same coin. The Beautys are a nice mild stick. $99 is pushing it on 24 of them though. The one Crest I had I did not care for but will have to try them again after they have rested more. Did not much care for the Master Selects in the Maduro Wrapper. But also will have to revisit them again.

I just ordered a received some of the Special Ops Gurkha's and gotta say they were mighty tasty, and besides, I just liked the name...lol

*edited for spelling

It's been my experience that Gurhkas also smell like shit when others are smoking them. The Titan smells absolutely disgusting, I can always tell when someone fires up a Gurhka at the B&M. I used to smoke the Park Avenue's as well, and the Regents. Now, no way.