• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gurkha Evil Toro

gothiksmoke

6 x 50
Nicaraguan Filler
Dominican Binder
Brazilian Wrapper

The Gurkha Evil (the Toro is reviewed here) has a great initial appearance. A nice color, with a large, and intriguing band. Once unwrapped, it has a good feel.

Upon lighting, one gets a great draw, and a nice even burn all the way through. As for taste, it is smooth. It is not a heavy cigar, and I found myself at times ready to inhale the mild smoke. A nice earthy taste, with a minor and pleasant after taste. Others have mentioned a peppery taste, but thankfully as someone who is not a fan of pepper in my cigars, I did not get that.

I know Gurkha has it's critics, but I care not about those folks. They are an excellent brand, and the Evil is a great representation of the brand.

Nice review. Like yourself I am partial to the odd Gurkha, last weekend I smoked a Sherpa and the weekend before I indulged in a Centurion, both were nice sticks.

Not a fan at all. I smoked an old ass Gurkha legend about 3 weeks ago. <- says it all. :p

Not a big fan of Gurkha myself, most of their blends just don't hit that spot for me. Having said that, I smoked an Evil at a tasting event a couple weeks ago and was quite impressed with it, the flavor profile was quite appealing to me and I was very satisfied after finishing it. And the Gurkha girls at this event were a definite plus, eye candy is always welcome if you ask me. :)

Nice, no-frills review. One thing I've learned in my short time here is that we smoke what we like because WE like it. It's great to try new cigars (especially expensive HTF's for those put on pedestals by the masses), but when you light it up, you are the one either relaxing and enjoying it, or wishing you were smoking something else. Smoke what you like. I like to have diversity in my humidor, but my comfort cigar is usually the Indian Tabac Maduro Super Fuerte, or the Puros Indios Reserva Maxima... neither are high-end sticks. Just good, solid smokes for relaxing. You smoke what you like.

That said, I've only tried one other Gurkha a while back, and I wasn't too big of a fan of it. I'm not sure which blend it was, exactly. I recently obtained another Gurkha fiver from a CI ordering freebie. They are sitting for a while, and I'm going to try the brand again with an open mind. We'll see what happens.

I happen to like Gurkha as well. I will have to give ti Evil a try.