• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gurkha Genghis Khan Churchill

HKGuns

Ring: 52
Length: 7.5"
Wrapper: Costa Rican Maduro
Binder/Filler: Honduran / Dominican
Body: Medium

PROMO: "The Genghis Kahn is a special release made for the holiday season. It was produced very sparingly in only two sizes; toro and churchill. Also, like most other Gurkha conquests, the packaging on these cigars is almost as tasty as the cigars themselves. In 2005 only 1000 chests of 30 churchills were produced, making them one of the smallest batch run cigars Gurkha has ever made."

Light: Perfect
Burn: Perfect, no touch ups required.
Construction: Very nice, lots of small veins running throughout the stick.

Taste: Slightly Sweet and Peppery, Spicy, hints of molasses.

Draw: Perfect with large volumes of smoke.

What a great, unique tasting Cigar. I'm a big fan of the Gurkha Regent Toro and this one tops it easily. The unique taste really does it for me for some reason. I would definitely buy and smoke again.

Had one a few weeks ago, and I must say between this cigar and the ancient warrior line; Gurkha has been doing a great job this year with their new smokes

I have a fiver of Ancient Warriors aging in my Humi. They're 7.5" long so they haven't found their way into my mouth yet. It is hard to find time to smoke something that long.

From your post you think they compare favorably to the other K. Hansotia cigars?

I'm gonna have to find some of these. I too am a huge fan of the Regent, one of my first "favorite" cigars.

Thanks for the review,this one and the master selects are two I have not tried from Gurkah.
I love the Legend and Regent and the Ancient Warrior.
I also just smoked my first G3,not bad,I'd rate it on the middle of the scale for my Gurkah list.
Now I really need to get me some of these,thank you.

I keep seeing the Khan and Warrior but they haven't made it on my buy list yet. I'm a big Gurkha fan, and from the sounds of it from everyone here, I need to get these in my humi ASAP.

I find the Legend and Regent to be full bodied with medium stregnth in nicotine sense.
I find the Ancient Warrior to be medium bold with medium stregnth.
(edited)
How is the Gurkha Genghis Khan?
I've been told it is a Medium-full bodied smoke,lots of flavors throughout and definately not one dimensional,the flavor profile changes at every third of the cigar...is this true?

Thanks.

CI has the Ghengis Kahn chest of 30 for sale,I will see if I can find a cheaper price somewhere.

I'm not sure what you are saying, you give an opinion of the AW and then ask how it is? IMO it is a medium bodied smoke that maintains a consistant profile while getting a ltiile spicier as it's smoked down. I have one every drive I take over 2 hours.

How is the Ancient Warrior?
I've been told it is a Medium-full bodied smoke,lots of flavors throughout and definately not one dimensional,the flavor profile changes at every third of the cigar...is this true?

Thanks.

This is not the CI special. I have some (of this weeks special) that came in last week but haven't torched one yet.

No, as AVB states they aren't the same. The one's on special are VERY close to the Regent's. So close I'd have a hard time telling the difference. I think they're a tad lighter with some very subtle flavor variations.

Good sticks. I expected some more differentiation from the Regent sticks though.

I'm not sure what you are saying, you give an opinion of the AW and then ask how it is? IMO it is a medium bodied smoke that maintains a consistant profile while getting a ltiile spicier as it's smoked down. I have one every drive I take over 2 hours.

How is the Ancient Warrior?

Thanks.

Yeah,that didn't make sense, sorry AVB,typo,I meant to ask "How is the Genghis Khan?"
Wanted some other opinions on it for it's stregnth and flavor.
I was also trying to get some opinions on what people think of the Ancient warrior stregnth-wise,you gave your opinion on it,thank you. :)

The Regent Nepalese is the CI weekly. Seems like a very decent deal. I'm going in on it with 2 others. I look forward to it, haven't had those yet.

Looks like the Regent Nepalese just has an extra band that says Nepalese on what may be a regent cigar.

I almost grabbed a sampler to see how it tasted compared to the regent.

I’m hoping it is more then just a Regent with an extra band. Regents aren’t one of my favorite Gurkhas.

K. Hanstotia has been bringing out allot of new gars lately. Almost too many to keep up with and to be honest some of them aren’t exactly anything to write home about. The kahn has made it onto my to-buy list though. Thanks for the review.