• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gurkha Regent Nepalese Warrior

mostholycerebus

Tonite the weather is on the verge of changing for the worse, so I decided to go for a stroll with the SO and get a smoke in before it's too late. Poking in the humi, I found a stick currently on CI's 'Special of the Week", the Gurkha Regent Nepalese Warrior. This stick was gifted to me by a great BOTL and Gurkha whore, Mrepp.

As I pulled off the plastic, I was greeted by the sight of a beautiful band, as usual from Ghurkha. It actually had two bands, a fancy one an a more plain red one, which still looked rather elegant with its fancy script. This band was wrapped around a mild-chocolate brown wrapper. The wrapper looked nice, no major veins, but the underside of the cigar had a few abberations keeping it from being a top grade wrapper. I looked at the cap too, and noticed that it was well done, but maybe just a little sloppy. Overall, it looked not so much like a first-line cigar as a very good second. A bit rough looking. The cigar was box pressed, but not as sharply as the marketing adds say. I sniffed it, and got a strong earth flavor. After I got passed the overwhelming earth and manure smells, a curious scent assailed my nostrils, which after a few more sniffs I recognized as a cocoa aroma. Wondering if it would taste as chocolaty as it smelled, I grabbed my matches.

I lit it, and the burn was good. It was not perfect, but very good, despite the cold, wind, and slight drizzle I walked through. The draw was slightly stiffer than I like, but this is what i've come to expect from box pressed cigars (except the Nestor Reserve Maduro, perfect draw). It produced an adequate amount of smoke, though not as much as many other cigars i've smoked. I spent the first half looking for flavors, but found only mild toasty notes and a very slight hint of spice.

As the second half began the spice was defintely there, though still not in the fore. Toasty-ness continued, but despite my desires, I could not find any more flavors there. I continued it to the end, and as a smoke it was a solid OK, but I did not find many discernable flavors, subtle or overt.

Overall, this was a Good cigar that I would not turn down, but probably will not seek out in the future. It smoked well, but the taste just was not there for me. Perhaps the cold atmosphere numbed my senses, but nothing about this cigar jumped out at me aside from the packaging. A decent mild smoke, I still prefer 5 Vegas Gold though.

And thanks again Mrepp!

It's a solid cigar for sure, a good spin from the Regent line.

But the Regent Toro remains my favorite.

I like these more then the normal Regents but they aren't too complex as you noted.