• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hailey's Tale!

grateful1

Oh My!
About a week ago my dog was bleeding and it appeared to be a UTI.

The bleeding deminished with some meds but her platelet count remains low.

We are now on the third or fourth trip to the vet and her blood count(s)' are still down - now her red is down as well.

The vet gave her a shot to boost her immune system, as the numbers point to Immune-Mediated Thrombocytopenia. Her demeanor is ok, waggy tail most of the time, getting up and down ok....smiley...just letharghic. We'll know within 48 hrs if the shot was helpful.

Few things in the world give love unconditionally like her!

I hate when bad things happen to good dogs!

Best of luck!

Sorry to hear that Gary. There are few things better than a good dog. Hope she feels better real soon.

She's one of a kind. I hope she gets better soon.

It's really sad when a dog is sick, hope she gets better.
Older, younger? Not that it makes much difference.

I'm pulling for her, Gary. We can learn a lot from the way our dogs bond with us. You hit the unconditional love thing right on the head. Hope all goes well, bro.

Best thoughts, Gary. We have five little doggies, two of which are pushing 15 years old. These little animals quickly become family; I know how you feel.

B.B.S.

She's a middle age Rottie(around 6y/o) pup. This condition happens to female dog's her age.

She's still lethargic. I'm sure the meds have something to do with that.

Her demeanor is very good.

The blood test tomorrow will let us know more.

Thanks for all the thoughts.

Hope she gets better soon Gary. I just had to take mine in for a herniated disc. There's nothing like feeling helpless trying to get help for them.

Give her some hugs and pats for me bro.
Get better quick Hailey!

-Rob

Hailey is very fortunate to have parents like you Gary, my best thoughts go out to you and your family.

Good thoughts coming your way Gary! Hope the pup is feeling better!

Gary I hope she gets better! I don't know what I would do if something happened to Shade and Krypto...and yes the unconditional love is awesome!

Hugs

melly

Thanks again!

We are taking her for another blood test this afternoon.

Late last week her platelet and then her red count went down.

Our vet went straight to a 'shot in the arm', to help her out( that was Friday afternoon).

Her demeanor is still good, she's still lethargic but makes her way around the house and outside to do her duty.

She's not eating her 'kibble'...but she will eat treats.
She had some egg/cheese this AM, oh - and she's drinking lots of water
The food thing all this started a couple days ago...could be the drugs, could be the disease or it could be that she likes people food now!

GO figure!

Here is wishing her a speedy recovery! I know she means the world to you.

Well wishes to you and your pup Gary. I am sure she will be perfectly fine with the amount of care you are giving her and love you for it that much more after.