• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Handmade humidors...Interested?

I am a carpenter who does some fine wood working as a hobby, (with one hell of a woodshop). Does the idea of owning a handmade custom quality humidor interest anyone? I'm just asking so I can see if it would be worth my while to purchase a fairly large quantity of exotic woods. Be honest.......thanks

GL, I'm in the process of making a humidor out of walnut, zebra, and Spanish Cedar. We will have to trade pictures and ideas.

I'd be interested also. As others have mentioned alot depends on relative cost. Do you have the tools to convert logs into usable lumber? I think it would be cool to have one made of some native Texan trees and we have tons of it on our land.

I am highly interested...so remember me when you get your business goin'!

Right now I've got nothing but coolers. The opportunity to customize a "real" humidor would be welcome. Would you believe I've never actually owned a humidor? ???

Wilkey

Can you make humis that grow at a rate that would allow them to hold maybe 5-10 more sticks per week?

In all seriousness, good luck!

Designing a custom humidor sounds like a great idea. I would like to see a few pictures first. Also know the source of the cedar you are using. Without any references its a little scary spending good money on something that doesn't do as good of a job as a cooler.. I am in the market for one. I have even started looking as high end as a euro cave humidor that is both temp and humidity controlled.