• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Thread

I had a really good job interview today at the Trauma ER here in town. I hope to have an offer next week. Then I guess I get to see which ER I gravitate towards. Also first of 2 finals is tomorrow. The next/last one is on Tuesday.
Final push. Almost there.

Routing for you Jon, nice to have two choices, of course the trick is in picking the right one. BUT, hit the books and find that last pearl that will boost the score.

I had a really good job interview today at the Trauma ER here in town. I hope to have an offer next week. Then I guess I get to see which ER I gravitate towards. Also first of 2 finals is tomorrow. The next/last one is on Tuesday.
Final push. Almost there.
Good luck Jon! I hope all your hard work comes to fruition.

Had a scare with Girl Dog last night -- she was horking her guts up most of the night. I believe she ate a rotten, frozen apple when she was outside. At least, that's what it looked and smelled like. Yay. She's doing much better today, thankfully, as I just got back from dropping them off at pension (boarding) for the next two weeks. I already miss them, but the workers there are great and the doggles are happy and comfortable there.

This time tomorrow we'll be half way to Seattle. We haven't seen our oldest daughter in over two years, and I can't wait!

Took this scope off
View attachment 63585

And installed this one
View attachment 63586
MUCH better accuracy with the new scope. Is that a 44Mag? I like the Ruger but I have to admit, I'm a S&W revolver fan. I have the 460 with a scope on it and from 50 yards to 225 yards, it's dead on. Good luck getting your deer with that. It's always exciting to take one with a revolver. Be safe.

Floyd T

MUCH better accuracy with the new scope. Is that a 44Mag? I like the Ruger but I have to admit, I'm a S&W revolver fan. I have the 460 with a scope on it and from 50 yards to 225 yards, it's dead on. Good luck getting your deer with that. It's always exciting to take one with a revolver. Be safe.

Floyd T
Yes 44 Mag. I liked the compact nature of the red dot but just too difficult to hold on target with no magnification. Now let's see if I can be steady enough.:cool:

Had a scare with Girl Dog last night -- she was horking her guts up most of the night. I believe she ate a rotten, frozen apple when she was outside. At least, that's what it looked and smelled like. Yay. She's doing much better today, thankfully, as I just got back from dropping them off at pension (boarding) for the next two weeks. I already miss them, but the workers there are great and the doggles are happy and comfortable there.

This time tomorrow we'll be half way to Seattle. We haven't seen our oldest daughter in over two years, and I can't wait!
Glad she is ok. What’s with these dog’s eating stuff?

Floyd T
I've got an old k frame .38 that is one of my favorite guns. Not getting a deer with it obviously, so no need for a scope, but so fun to shoot. Was the first pistol all my kids shot too.

Still crazy to me you guys shoot deer with pistols, I'd never even imagine using anything other than a rifle (or I guess shotguns when island hopping) until recently when a friend in Illinois told me they can't use rifles.

Yes 44 Mag. I liked the compact nature of the red dot but just too difficult to hold on target with no magnification. Now let's see if I can be steady enough.:cool:

"Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a . 44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow your head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

Good luck on the last Final!! You got this! 😊

I've got an old k frame .38 that is one of my favorite guns. Not getting a deer with it obviously, so no need for a scope, but so fun to shoot. Was the first pistol all my kids shot too.

Still crazy to me you guys shoot deer with pistols, I'd never even imagine using anything other than a rifle (or I guess shotguns when island hopping) until recently when a friend in Illinois told me they can't use rifles.
Justin, I'm guessing you hunt in more wide open territory. There are a lot of times in Pennsylvania and Ohio where we hunt tickets and it's nice to have a pistol across your chest or on your side.

Ohio was slug gun only until the handful of years ago, now there are half a dozen rifles permitted, all straight wall cartridge.

Justin, I'm guessing you hunt in more wide open territory. There are a lot of times in Pennsylvania and Ohio where we hunt tickets and it's nice to have a pistol across your chest or on your side.

Ohio was slug gun only until the handful of years ago, now there are half a dozen rifles permitted, all straight wall cartridge.
So are you saying there are times with where you hunt that a pistol is preferable to a rifle? Interesting

Preferrable, seldom but it does happen.

Otherwise, it's just another aspect of hunting.

For me, it's more about the hunt than the kill. Although I have numerous long-range high-powered hunting rifles with amazing scopes, sometimes I carry an old 1921 model 94 30-30 Winchester just for a change.

Screenshot_20221217-115543_Chrome.jpg

Last edited: