• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Has anyone ever used

gregor22

Woof!
Thinking about getting my little guy a Nintendo DS for Christmas and while WooTing today, I clicked on the Swoopo ad.

Has anyone ever used it? Some of the buys are terrific deals.

The site is down so i don't have a clue but I assume it is auction sniping software. I use smartsnipe.com from time to time, it is free and works just fine. My BIL uses it all the time and loves it.

It's a modified auction method. You buys bids for $1. Each time you bid, it costs you a dollar and the bidding time on the product is extended X minutes/seconds. So... if no one else is bidding, you can spend your $1 to bid and get something cheap. Theoretically.

How I figure they make all their money is people buying into the idea and buying $20 worth of bids. Then they bid on items and either fight against other actual bidders or a computer program until their 20 bids are gone and they've wasted 20 bucks without winning anything. But the company made $20 off your time plus whatever from the advertising they pushed to you.

Yeah I would not got there.

You know what people say: if it looks too good to be true, then it probably isn't.

It's a modified auction method. You buys bids for $1. Each time you bid, it costs you a dollar and the bidding time on the product is extended X minutes/seconds. So... if no one else is bidding, you can spend your $1 to bid and get something cheap. Theoretically.

How I figure they make all their money is people buying into the idea and buying $20 worth of bids. Then they bid on items and either fight against other actual bidders or a computer program until their 20 bids are gone and they've wasted 20 bucks without winning anything. But the company made $20 off your time plus whatever from the advertising they pushed to you.

smartsnipe bids on ebay items for you. You make a group, say you want a Play Station, etc. You load the item numbers into smartsnipe, set the max you want to pay and remember to tell it to stop bidding after you win, unless you want multiples. It bids at the last minute up to your max and keeps on until it wins or all your item numbers are sold.

Sometimes auctions end at weird hours of the night and that is you best chance of scoring a good deal.

Sometimes I struggle with getting my groups set up properly but for a free service, it is pretty good.

What a wonderful scam. If any of you are thinking of using this site I can save you some money. Send me a cashiers check for $20 and the name of any item you want. I will then PM you and tell you if you won. :D

Fish