• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Has anyone seen Star Trek yet?

LilBastage

Meat is murder! Tasty, tasty murder.
I'm not really a Trekkie, but I am a scifi fan. I've enjoyed most of JJ Abrams' work on TV and have pretty high hopes for this movie. Has anyone seen it? Thoughts?

I haven't seen it, but from everything I've heard so far it's an awesome flick. I know I'm looking forward to it.

I'll be seeing it sometime this week. I'm a fan of the movie series, and somewhat of the tv series as well as Next Generation, but that's about where I drew the line.

I've heard that the hardcore trekkies will possibly be upset about the prequel writing history for characters that they understood was different than what they will see. But that's to be expected whenever a prequel is done for a popular series.

I hear Shatner's ticked off pretty good since they didn't let him in on the movie as they did Nemoy. Can't say that I blame him either.

Who to believe? Shatner has a YouTube video denying that he's miffed.

I saw it, last night, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm no trekkie, but I know pop culture enough to recognize catch phrases, etc. The movie kept a really good pace and I don't think anything was lacking from the storyline.

I heard they tried to add Shatner, but every time they did, it ended up being some sort of gimmick. So it boiled down to either changing the script or leaving him out. Pretty sure I read that in some article with J.J.

Just saw it; our engineering and development staff took the afternoon off... :laugh:

It rocked. The characters chosen were perfect and it didn't leave much if anything to be desired. Kirk even gets to roll in the sack with a green hottie..... :laugh:

I'll be taking my wife to see it again tomorrow. Worth the price of admission, to be sure..... :thumbs:

Just saw it; our engineering and development staff took the afternoon off... :laugh:

It rocked. The characters chosen were perfect and it didn't leave much if anything to be desired. Kirk even gets to roll in the sack with a green hottie..... :laugh:

I'll be taking my wife to see it again tomorrow. Worth the price of admission, to be sure..... :thumbs:

and Syler makes a good Spock?

I've always liked Star Trek. All flavors. Many reasons. I consider it an ethical drama.

I've been hearing nothing but good things about it from reviewers. On the one hand, I'm a little PO'd that yet another set of childhood heroes has been reduced to twenty-something "hotties" . . . and OTOH, it's freakin' Star Trek!

Loved 'em all. Grew up on the original, loved NG even though I thought I'd barf, ultimately, the very next time Deanna Troi emo-empath-psychobabbled one more pop feelgood self help line, dug the hell out of all the intrigue and weirdness on DS9 . . . only Explorer failed me. Even 6 of 9's smokin' hotness couldn't save that steaming pile of crap.

Be interested to see if they've really managed to make a winner without Gene.

~Boar

Movie is badass....May has/will have some good movies...can't wait for next week either.

Saw it in IMAX last night, and in a "regular" cinema tonight again.

Awesome.

I think I'll see it again. :whistling:

I saw it today, and it was awesome. They use a plot device to justify resetting everything that previously happened.

I suppose I'll enter the dissenting opinion and say I thought it was mediocre.

Hi

I saw it last night and I thought it was pretty entertaining. I'm not really a Star Trek fan but I like sci-fi movies. So I think it is worth seeing :)