• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

has anyone tried these?

You need to be talking to my man Scott (SFG75). He gave me one when we did a box buy together. Still haven't smoked the thing yet, it's green for crying outloud :p :sign:

"Indeed, it was the Candela wrapper cigar that President Kennedy sought to stockpile for his own humidor before establishing the embargo against Cuban cigars."

Funny quote. I don't know that they made an Upmann PC in a candela wrapper in 1962.

As a conversation piece these may be worth it. I wonder what the tubos look like.

IMHO, those things are dyed greener than the leaf would have been. That goes beyond Candella and I would bet money that Kennedy would not have smoked one of those ;)

One of the worst cigars I ever had.

I'd send you some, but I threw the rest away.

I Liked the Iguanas... I've had both the "Baby" and the "Papa". They had a sweet, woody flavor with a hint of leather if I remember correctly. I'd buy some from you if you got a box and didn't want the whole thing. Never tried the Iguana Maddies though.....

From SmokeShop 08/04:
Triple-Wrapped "Capas" Headline Three New Felipe Gregorio Cigars

Felipe Gregorio, Inc. is unveiling three new lines of handmade, 100% long filler cigars at RTDA 2004, two from the Dominican Republic and the third from Nicaragua.

Taking center stage are the two new Capas lines, with their bold wrapper treatment. Dos Capas ("two wrappers") features Sumatran and Connecticut Shade leaves, double-wrapped to resemble a barber pole. Tres Capas adds a third Candela (green) leaf. The two cigars share a Piloto Cubano binder and a five-year-aged San Victor filler blend.

Capas are presented in cedar boxes of ten, in Corona Gorda (6 x 46) and Churchill (7 x 50). Suggested retail pricing is $5.00 and $5.50, respectively; the Tres Capas SRP is $6.00 and $6.50.

Maybe Moki knows when these will be available...he seems to always know this crap ;)

Cheers,
Dixie

I've got one in the humi I think I received as a bomb. I have to resist that urge "Wow, what a NEAT cigar for my collection! I'll never smoke that." and just smoke the darn thing sometime.

I can assure you that if I were to smoke something GREEN....It sure as hell would not be one of those Iguanas... :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:

Never tried the Candela but the Maduros are a great smoke for the price. Great draw lots of smoke great flavor , over all a well made cigar.

I got these in the "Travel Humidor" deal. I smoked one within a week after receiving them and thought it was terrible. I still have two (gave one to a coworker who loved it), and I don't plan on smoking them. PM me if you want one or both, but I don't recommend it.

The one I smoked had an extremely tight draw and just tasted flat. No character whatsoever, and there was very little smoke. My wife wouldn't come near me after I finished it, and I really didn't want to be near me either. ???

The only thing that green that I'd smoke would have to be grown here locally in Hawaii! Preferably... from the Island of Maui or from the town of Kona.... :0 :thumbs: ;) Bwahahahahahahahahaha!

Aloha,

Wade

dixieland_conjunction said:
They're made by Felipe Gregorio. I haven't had many Felipes I don't like :thumbs:

However, the newest Felipe I'm dying to try is:
http://www.felipegregorio.com/capas.htm

Cheers,
Dixie
Our local shop got a couple of boxes of the Dos Cappas. 10 per box.

These were a superb cigar for under $7.00.

Dos Capas Churchill 7 x 50

Mild to medium, fairly good even burn, it did go out once, the draw was smooth with rich heavy smoke. Not a strong after taste. Overall I'd give it an 88.

The few cigars the shop had went like hot cakes, I guess as a conversation piece. One box sold while I smoked the 1st one. I grabbed 2 more for my hummi, going to give them a try with some age on it.

According to the owner, he has these on back order along with the Tres Capas.
No sign of when they will come in. It's to bad....

Big100HD said:
dixieland_conjunction said:
They're made by Felipe Gregorio. I haven't had many Felipes I don't like :thumbs:

However, the newest Felipe I'm dying to try is:
http://www.felipegregorio.com/capas.htm

Cheers,
Dixie
Our local shop got a couple of boxes of the Dos Cappas. 10 per box.

These were a superb cigar for under $7.00.

Dos Capas Churchill 7 x 50

Mild to medium, fairly good even burn, it did go out once, the draw was smooth with rich heavy smoke. Not a strong after taste. Overall I'd give it an 88.

The few cigars the shop had went like hot cakes, I guess as a conversation piece. One box sold while I smoked the 1st one. I grabbed 2 more for my hummi, going to give them a try with some age on it.

According to the owner, he has these on back order along with the Tres Capas.
No sign of when they will come in. It's to bad....
Please keep us updated :)

Cheers,
Dixie