• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Haunted Bookshop

joshmickelson

So far, I have enjoyed 4 bowls of Cornell and Diel’s Haunted Bookshop. I am not too savvy on reviewing tobacco, but I figured I would give it my best shot.

HB is primarily a burely blend with some Virginias and a touch of Perique. Now, I know a few pipe smokers out there tend to shy away from burleys, but I would highly encourage one to give this a shot. It smokes very cool, with virtually no bite whatsoever. Upon first lighting my bowl (which I packed with the frank method), it tasted pretty cigary and peppery. As I went through the bowl, the flavor changed a bit and some of the Virginia blends started to really shine through. It was rather full bodied, yet all of the complexities of each type of leaf are very pronounced. It is blended perfectly; all of the different flavors mesh together seamlessly.

All in all, I am glad I bought an 8oz tin of this, as it seems like a great daily smoke.

I enjoy this blend as well. I find it to be smooth and flavorful. It's especially good in a cob (as are most burley based tobaccos).

I enjoy this blend as well. I find it to be smooth and flavorful. It's especially good in a cob (as are most burley based tobaccos).

really? What is the science behind that?

(I am trying to do a review of a lot of the tobbaccos I bought, just so we have somewhat of a database on here for people interested in trying new things)

I'm not sure exactly what the "science" is, but the slight sweetness that a cob adds to a smoke compliments burley very well. I really think most burley blends I've tried are not nearly as good in briar as they are in a cob. If they're good, they're good, but I think they're better in a cob.

nice! I will give it a shot.

ps, I just noticed that you are from Minnesota, I live in Denver, but my whole family is from there. Mainly the Alexandria/St. Cloud area. I am actually going to be in Battle Lake this coming weekend for a family reunion.

I'm 15 miles north of Duluth.

I've been to St. Cloud a couple of times. It's a nice town.

Enjoy your reunion!

thanks! my cousin used to own a bike store in duluth. i think he is living in the cities now, though.