• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Havana Reserve Glenfiddich

other1 said:
Fast4Dr said:
Would be nice to get this in time for my birthday :thumbs:
Hey, I didn't realize the 13th was your birthday. Gonna bring your bottle to the herf? :D
Actually I was thinking you would :0 :p

Well, it's left the Intenational Hub so my Royal Mail tracking number is now worthless. At least it is on the way! :thumbs:

The Glenfiddich has landed at it's respective destinations. Thanks everyone! :thumbs:

No... Thank you for organizing and executing the buy.

I actually am giving this as a gift to a coworker who is just returning from maternity leave in a couple weeks. I was unsure if it would be a good gift (I had no idea if recent mothers should have scotch) - but I saw her for the first time (since the birth) last night at a company happy hour - and her first words to the bartender were simply, "Macallan. Neat." She's a scotch geek, and will appreciate it - and will hopefully share with me... Although it is funny how you often give away the coolest stuff you acquire...

Man - I love where I work...

Cheers,

- Oak

AVB said:
These may be more collectable then we thought. All the listings on the Glenfiddich website now call it Gran Reserva even though it is the same thing. I hope we do get the Havana Reserve labels.
What labels did you get?

They came with the Havana Reserve lables. Mine isn't a collectable anymore since I opened it last night. :)

AVB said:
They came with the Havana Reserve lables. Mine isn't a collectable anymore since I opened it last night. :)
so where is the review?

It hasn't been voted on yet.

gregor22 said:
AVB said:
Still what you wanted though. :)
Most certainly! I've had the Glenmorangie Rum Finish but this is better. Whenever the review comes out it will be interesting. Maybe Fast4DR will review his next month.

Just got back from vacation and had a package waiting. The bottles have arrived and are in great shape. Looks great. Haven't cracked it open yet but I suspect that will happen tomorrow.

oak said:
No... Thank you for organizing and executing the buy.

I actually am giving this as a gift to a coworker who is just returning from maternity leave in a couple weeks. I was unsure if it would be a good gift (I had no idea if recent mothers should have scotch) - but I saw her for the first time (since the birth) last night at a company happy hour - and her first words to the bartender were simply, "Macallan. Neat." She's a scotch geek, and will appreciate it - and will hopefully share with me... Although it is funny how you often give away the coolest stuff you acquire...

Man - I love where I work...

Cheers,

- Oak
Hey Oak! Do you have the rest of the story? How did your gift go over? Inquiring minds want to know :D

AVB said:
Hey Oak! Do you have the rest of the story? How did your gift go over? Inquiring minds want to know :D
It went over very very well - she was extremely pleased... We're planning on trying it out together in another couple weeks when she comes back to work full-time...

I sure would like to see a pic of the label if any of you gents mind posting it.

They've changed the name to Gran Reserva so if you can still find a Havana Reserve you'll have a collector's item :D

other1 said:
Now you tell me. *BURP*

;)
No, I told you back before they arrived back on Aug. 12th. :D

These may be more collectable then we thought. All the listings on the Glenfiddich website now call it Gran Reserva even though it is the same thing. I hope we do get the Havana Reserve labels.