• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Haven't had a cigarette in 3 weeks

I was just hovering over the humidor pondering which cigar I was going to smoke, and I realized that I have not had a cigarette in over 3 weeks. Since I've been smoking cigars, I've been on and off again with the cigaretts, but I knew the flavor of long filler tobacco would soon overposer my cravings for nasty chopped tobacco and chemicals in the cigaretts...and I hadn't even thought about it! I still have a few packs in the freezer, but I think I'll keep them around for the time being. Anyways, wanted to put that out there if anyone else was trying to quit those nasty little cancer sticks...its just a matter of time! :) :)

Congrats bro!!! :thumbs:
I don't smoke cancer stick... But I do chew!!!
I've tried to stop chewing a few times, and it's TOUGH!!!

Nice job!!!
David

Nice job!!!
David

Thanks! Yeah, I used to dip Skoal around a year ago, but I just lost the taste for it...I especially liked it on road trips when I couldn't smoke and I needed to stay awake. Also, was real nice on the ball field...I guess it was never really a habit for me...it would take me around 10 months to go through a roll! :0

Nice job!!!
David

Thanks! Yeah, I used to dip Skoal around a year ago, but I just lost the taste for it...I especially liked it on road trips when I couldn't smoke and I needed to stay awake. Also, was real nice on the ball field...I guess it was never really a habit for me...it would take me around 10 months to go through a roll! :0

I started when I was about 16... I'm now 29!!!
A can last me a little over a day!!! The weird thing is... after I finish up smoking a cigar, I get a real bad craving to chew?
I should quit, but I don't really "want" to yet, and if I don't REALLY want to, it won't last long!!!

Be glad you didn't get hooked bro!!!
David

I smoked cigerettes for 16 years and it has been about 8 years since I have had one. There are days I still want one but the craving never goes away! Just say No and smoke a cigar! :D

Congratulations Boone! I've never been a cigarette smoker, but I'm sure it is very tough.

Nick

July 10th, 2001. Cold turkey after 32 years. Get rid of the ones in the freezer, you can quit if you really want to.

:whistling: I agree with AVB. If you leave those in the freezer that gives you a way out? :whistling:

Thanks for all the great input guys...I don't think I'm quite ready to chuck the cig's in the freezer...I smoked 4 cigars yesterday, and that was a record for me. Even after brushing my teeth twice, my mouth tasted like tailpipe this morning. Anyways, my theory is that if they are there right in front of me (in the freezer) availiable, I won't think about it as if I did not have any at all and drive to the store to buy a pack. It's worked so far, so we'll see. It's a process in work! :D

What make sit tough for me is my wife smokes. So when that craving hit, there are smokes around.. When I am at work I don't even miss em, because I am not around them. Oh well life goes on.

No cigarettes since October 06,1983. :thumbs: I was smoking two packs a day and quit cold turkey. You can do it.

Nice job!!!
David

I started when I was about 16... I'm now 29!!!
A can last me a little over a day!!! The weird thing is... after I finish up smoking a cigar, I get a real bad craving to chew?
I should quit, but I don't really "want" to yet, and if I don't REALLY want to, it won't last long!!!

Be glad you didn't get hooked bro!!!
David

Funny this thread came up, I was just thinking about it. It has been 6 weeks for me and it is TOUGH! Have been using dip and enjoy it, but I am the same way as you, David. As soon as I am done a cigar, I almost always have a craving for a dip. It's also really tough because my fiance still smokes regularly. Ironic that just last week, (after quitting smoking) I was diagnosed with asthma! That gives me an extra boost of willpower when I want a cigarette. Thank God cigarettes don't taste like cigars do, or I'd really be screwed!

Congrats on the 3 weeks, stick with it!

Me and the wife both smoked but that was the agreement we both had to quit! I don't think I would have quit if it wasn't a mutual agreement. Hope it works for you!!! :cool:

I quit the butts several years ago. I've been advising the guys at work that a cigar is not a placebo cigarette. One guy tried it anyway, and I bombed him in encouragement. Cigars didn't even dent his butt habit. I think I'll have a Padron now.

Good for you! I quit 4 yrs ago, and don;t miss them at all. stick to cigars.

Stick to your guns! it's my experience that men can quit easier than women. i know a few guys that have quit but not one woman. I'm not sure why that is, it's just my experience. Stick to it! GOOD LUCK! :cool:

Well, I'm an idiot! One of my friends came over and he smokes cigaretts, so I joined him in a quick burn. :angry: A little while later, we went outside and fired up another, but I only took a few drags and felt the nastiness begin to overwealm me. Oh well...the good part is after dinner I gave him a RyJ and I had a Partagas Maddy right before the fight. We enjoyed those suckers, rambled about philosophy and politics, and didn't have another cigarette last night at all. :D